Saturday, March 24, 2012

Living Room/Hallway Renovation Finished!

Well it's 99% finished! While I was at work last night my hubby and brother continued working hard to finish up the flooring.  Can I tell you it must've been a pain in the you-know-what to have to lay flooring down in the hallway with all the doors and what not.  I kid you not, it probably took them longer to do the hallway (just right) versus the whole living room itself.  I think they finally finished at about 2am and they were exhausted! But I love it! It turned out beautifully.  Let me just remind you what it looked like before:

BEFORE:

Ugly Blue Carpet/White Railing
Ugly Blue Carpet Again


DURING:

Halfway done in the Living Room


AFTER:

Living Room Finished
Hallway Finished
Furniture Back In
Kesaia being naughty lol.. 
And even after working hard all day on the floors.. he still took out the trash lol.
We still haven't put the railing back up...

So we're almost done, all that's left to do is trimmings and the railing.  The railing was painted white (I don't even know how many times) but we are going to strip it down to the metal part and hopefully it's in good enough shape to leave it as is, the dark brown metal.  But now that the floors are done, well upstairs in the living room and hallway... Fehi wants to change the paint. lol. Of course right?!?! Hahaha, he doesn't think it matches with the floors.. I told him it's fine but he insists.  So I think we'll be painting again over the dark brown.  Maybe we'll go lighter, or something.. Idk. I told him it's probably because we need (want) new couches lol.  And we definitely need to change the curtains and what not.  So we'll see where this takes us.  I think it may just need a little better decorating, and we need to fill up the space more with nicer pillows and some kind of pot with shrubs/plant (I have no idea what I'm trying to call it... lol just something) I'm just glad the ugly blue carpet is out, and new floors are in.

Now onto the:

-Stairs
-Entryway
-Flooring in ALLL the bedrooms (4 of them)
-Tiling in the Kitchen and Bathrooms
-Paint in the bathrooms and 2 of the 4 bedrooms...
-Makeover of the Deck
-New Cabinetry
-New Countertops...

and the list goes ON! lol. Seriously, there's so much I want to fix in this house, but I'm content, well happily content with where we are at now. :)  Here's to less vacuuming and more mopping and sweeping.. :( lol.. then again that's an nice trade for me. :)

And I just had to leave with these pictures of my kids... They seriously made me laugh and smile every day!!!

He swears! lol.. and Look at his little sidekick in the back LOL

She's so silly sometimes! Especially when the camera is on her! :)

3 comments:

  1. Great job! It looks 100% better! Love the color choice you went with for your wooden floors! Doesn't it just make it feel like a new house, just because of the new floors? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo niiiiice! okay CRIBS! and i love the pic of kids posing-- TOO CUUTEEE!!

    ReplyDelete