Friday, October 26, 2012

Post-Baby Weightloss Journey


So it's been about a month since I've taken my wantings to lose weight seriously.  I've started to go to Zumba (EMZ) on my days off (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday) and it was suggested by a friend of mine to do the Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred, so I've also added that to my exercise regime.  In that month I've only lost about 6 pounds, however I know I've lost more inches because I'm finally able to fit into my size 12 jeans that I haven't worn in over a year and a half, so that's encouraging. lol.

So let's rewind back to the beginning, when I was pregnant with Hinckley, at my last appointment (before giving birth to him) I think I was like 228.  My pre-pregnancy weight was 210 lbs, and when I gave birth to him and weighed in I was 213 lbs.  So of course I was ecstatic that I was already 3 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight.  Between giving birth to him and the 3 months to follow I lost about 7 pounds, and before I started exercising I was at 206 lbs.  So currently I'm at 200 lbs.  1 more bloody pound then I'll FINALLY be under 200 lbs, and I haven't been under 200 in about a year and a half now.  (Sorry I know that's a lot of numbers to process lol)

Losing weight is definitely more of  mental game for me than anything else.  I always have to remind myself that the number on the scale isn't as important as the inches I may lose.  I guess I thought that I would lose a lot more weight a lot faster, like I did after having Kesaia, but my exercise regime now is much different then how it was back then.  Back then I was walking 5 miles a day, and really limited my foods to sandwiches, and veggies.  So from what I read I'm sure I was losing fat and muscle at that time.  Now I'm really try to eat balanced meals, and I have a certain calorie range (because I'm still breastfeeding too), and as far as exercise, I'm doing strength and cardio and I know that by doing so I'm building more muscle, so that's a good thing.  

This week has been a little bit of a tough one for me mentally, but I'm determined to stay on track.  I keep telling myself that some progress is better than NO progress, and hey I gotta give myself props for basically doing this all on my own, versus the last time me and the hubbs were doing it together.  I know it's better for me to do things slowly but surely, versus trying to lose it all in only a couple months, because that didn't work for me last time.  Here's some progress pics (mostly for me to remember and keep me motivated):

This was taken 9/16/12
9/30/12
10/1/12 First day back to EMZ
Started doing Jillian Micheals 30 day shred 10/8/12
After another workout (30 day shred)
Finally fit into my size 12 jeans, want to get down to a size 10 (at least!)
Working out (yet again!)
Post work out Monday 10/22/12
10/25/12 post-workout 30 day shred (level 2, day 3)
So I'm mucho ecstatic for progress, and I know it's going to take a few more months to get where I would like to be (at least 175 lbs, and at a size 10) but I know once I get there, it'll be a great accomplishment for myself, because I did it in a healthy way and it'll be easy to manage afterwards as well.  Oh, and let's not forget my biggest motivation... My Husband!  He has lost a TON of weight, people ask how, and I tell them it's just from him running at work (he works at Costco- Front End... so he runs back and forth putting back things, grabbing things for members, and doing carts.. and he's a super hardworker so he is always on the go!)  Most of our marriage he's been at about 280/285 lbs, currently he's at 235 lbs! It's amazing, and he's reaped so many benefits from being healthier and smaller.  He definitely has a lot more energy, and he doesn't have as much knee pain so yayy for that!  Here are some pics of him:

These pics were from earlier this summer when I was still pregnant (May/Beginning of June 2012):



Below are some pics from when I gave birth, and a few weeks after. (Ending of June and July)



 And here are pics from last month (my birthday 9/15/12 and baby's blessing 9/30/12)



My husband looks amazing and I've been semi-jealous at how much weight he's lost! But he has definitely motivated me to get in shape (and stay smaller than him lol.. cause I refuse to be bigger lol). 

5 comments:

  1. Yay for working out! It's definitely a mentality thing when it comes to working out and I believe the stronger mentality, the better results you'll have. It's a "mental" game for sure. Good on you though. I've still got to get down to my goal weight, which is a 130. I was that many pounds back in 2008, I have about 30 pounds to lose to get down to that. It's the Samoan in me, lol! But, I hope you achieve your goals soon and with the rate you're going, you'll definitely be able to get down to your goal weight too. Goooooo Lani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you guys look awesome! Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so good! Where can I get this Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred? I want to get rid of my pregnancy weight too lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find it on YouTube.. Look up "30 day shred" and it should pull it up. There's 3 levels, you do each one for ten days...

      Delete