Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Oh School.. How I HATE you..

Many of my friends tell me how they wouldn't be able to do what I'm doing... Being a full-time mom, part-time employed, and a full-time student all at the same time... Yet, I have found myself wanting to just give up on the full-time student thing.  It'll be 8 years since I've graduated from high school, which means that 4 years ago I should've already graduated from college or somewhat near it. A year ago, I was so sure that I knew what I wanted to do as far as my education.. now I find myself questioning my major, which puts me basically at a stand-still.  While others are registering for the next semesters' classes, I'm just sitting here.  I literally feel like everyone is moving past me, and I'm the lost one in the middle of the crowd.

I was talking to my cousin the other day and we talked about how all of our friends, well most of them, have graudated, or will be graudating from college within the next year.  But if you ask us, well... we have no idea when we're gonna graduate.  I think that's why I've been in such a slump.  :(  I feel like how I felt a couple years ago, where I faced the SAME dilemma.  I don't know what it is. Or maybe it's that this semester is just a little bit overwhelming.  Maybe there should be a rule that if your pregnant you can't take classes lol... Ok it'll never happen, but I should tell myself that because I swear my mind is already thinking of other things, and I'm already stressed out over nothing.. well throw school on top of it and it's all feeling just a little too much for me right now.

Hoi, I can't wait for this week to be over. I have 3 finals coming up, then by next Thursday I'll be free.. just for a little while I figure out what classes I'm going to take next.. HELP! lol

8 comments:

  1. Aww...just hang in there. you'll figure it out soon enough. the lord has interesting ways of helping us to figure out what we're supposed to do. timing is everything. we have to do things on his timing and sometimes thats hard. i hate it sometimes, but it always ends up being for the better. good luck with figuring things out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis! Yeah I've definitely been feeling like maybe it's time to take a little break from school, and while I'm doing so maybe I'll be able to figure out what direction I want to go.. and also, well most importantly, I remain focused on my kids.. So we'll see what happens. lol.

      Delete
  2. Hi Lani, I hope you figure things out with school! Heavenly Father, I'm sure will never give us anything beyond our capabilities - and trust that you will make the right decision. By the way, let me know your address so I can sent out invites for the wedding. Hope you guys are doing well. Love to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Tita!!! Thanks! I know I definitely have to fast and pray more about this... But I'm leaning towards taking a break... I'm gonna have a baby soon and will need to be home with my kids anyways so we'll see.. anyhow, my addy is:

      5363 Samuel Dr.
      Salt Lake City, UT 84129

      Hope wedding plans are going well! Take care sis! Much LOVE! :)

      Delete
  3. aawww I praise your hard work! I really don't think I can do all that while being a full time mom/wife. Reading your post reminds me of my mom. Shes always busy with school, work, church callings, and full time mom/wife duties. I always ask her how she does it, and she always tells me that anything is possible thru the man above. She said when things get rough or when she feels out of energy, she said she would kneel and say a little prayer. :) Its sssooo my mom to answer like that. Ha! Hey maybe you can try that if things get a little overwhelming :) lol. I pretty much just wrote a novel..lol. But figured I'd share that with you. You are an amazing person! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Your mom is a SUPERWOMAN! lol. And she's totally right.. when I was SOOO stressed out (yesterday and the past few days) I finally slowed down (today) and just prayed. It def. is the magic answer. :) Still working things out, still figuring out what to do, but I def. know it's through Heavenly Father that things will work out. :)

      Delete
  4. hahaha... i saw your subject heading and said, AMEN. lol. when i was trying to figure out what to major in, it really only came down to, WHO IN THE WORLD USES THERE MAJOR NOW DAYS AFTER GRADUATING?? hahaha. i probably met 2 in my life,.. one who majored in journalism writes for Deseret News and one who graduated in Elem Ed who teaches little kids. Not that theres no reason to care what major you pick, but i think whatever you do, it'll benefit you because in the world somehow. I only chose graphic designing because i love art and in the future i can possibly get good enough to work at home since ill be a mom lol. and since im only good at math and art, im limited haha. but if your supermom lani... you have the world in your hands and can choose anything :) oka novel. k den. malo lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, I've been in and out of school since we graduated in '04 so I totally understand!! I've been working on and off over the past years and trying to go to school at the same time with 2 kids so I know where you're coming from too. I've also changed my major 4 times....yup, 4 times! Let's just say I was supposed to graduate 4 years ago but I changed my major my Senior year, haha! It really is a hard task and school can totally kick you in the butt. I truly believe that the Lord knows your strengths and he won't give you anything you can't handle. Choosing a major is an important choice to make and it's a really great thing that you're trying to sort that part out before moving on. As long as you feel like you're succeeding then go for it. You can do it, I promise you! For me, I see the light at the end of the tunnel because I'm in my last few semesters (2 more). It'll seriously go by way fast. You're a hardworking Momma and the Lord definitely knows that you can handle all of those responsibilities so you go girl, you go!

    ReplyDelete