So a few days after we had moved into our home here in Taylorsville, I had gone to the dollar tree to grab a few things, and one of those "few things" was a Pregnancy Test. After having my daughter I had told my husband that I wanted to put in birth control, and 6 weeks later I did (I put in the IUD- Mirena). Earlier this year me and Fehi started thinking about whether we wanted to try for another one. At this time I was working at WIC, so every time a newborn baby would come I'd get "baby hungry", and then I'd want to to slap myself, because really who gets baby hungry with a 2 year-old and 1 year-old at home??? lol, (I do!) hahaha. Anyhow, there were reasons why I wanted to have another baby, and reasons why I didn't want to, and my main reason for not wanting to (as selfish as it sounds) is because I really didn't want to have to loose all that "baby fat" again (though, I feel like I've gained it all back since March anyways! :( boo! ) Long story, short, after I gave birth to my daughter (she was ONLY a month old) someone had asked me when I was due, and I about broke down, and the next day for a month my husband and I would walk 5 miles on the trail everyday.. and yeah, now I feel like I'm back at square one.. ugh.
Anywayz, got off track there, so back to the pregnancy thing. I had decided that if we were going to have another child, I wanted to wait to take my IUD out when my daughter turns one. Her birthday was April 2nd, and my appointment to take my IUD out was on the 9th (talk about great timing right) lol. After taking it out, it was like I was playing the waiting game. A few of my friends call me a "fertile beast", but I always was worried wondering if the IUD had messed me up or not.
When I took the pregnancy test the box clearly says "wait 3 minutes to read test, do not read after 10 minutes"... But my impatient self starred at it from the start thinking I'd get an immediate answer. At first when it showed only one line, I was kind of bummed out (but this was only within 1 minute of starting the test lol)... So I sat there for like 30 seconds wondering why if the test was "negative" why I hadn't got my monthly "gift", and then all these possibilities started to run through my mind, ultimately I was blaming the IUD. Then I basically was going to walk away (kind of dissapointed), until I read the box again and it said to wait 3 minutes. So I sat there, and waited, and slowly but surely another line popped up....
So... I'm pregnant. I've told a few people (outside of my family).. I went and took a "confirmation" test at Pioneer Hospital (where they give free pregnancy tests) and it did come out positive it's settled more that we are having baby #3... I wasn't too sure about the first day of my lmp, but I gave them a good guess of what I think.. so we're looking at being about 6-7 weeks pregs right now, and due sometime in February of next year. We're excited, but I know I definitely need to stay active this pregnancy. It's funny though cause though I'm trying to exercise more (thanks EMZ) and I'm trying to eat better, it's not showing any difference in my weight. lol. Oh well, I'll still continue to go to EMZ as long as I can (I may have to relax on my dance moves haha), and hopefully this will be a good pregnancy! :)

Whoa!! Baby number 3!! Congrats Lani!! So happy for you and your growing family! So now that you have one of each what do you hope to have this time around??
ReplyDeleteBrisha- I really don't care.. I'm almost TEMPTED to say twins (one of each) that way they each get someone to play with and then I can probably be done.. but that unlikely, so I'm really not picky i'm prepared for either or :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats Mama!! So happy for you and your beautiful famili :) We're due around the same time! Woohooo for 2012 pepe's!! lol. Hope you're doing well and better than I am with your pregnancy! I seem to have caught the Nauseous bug! Boo, especially because I was NEVER nauseous with Rush. (Hopefully this one's a boy! lol) Anyways, much ofas to you and your fam! xox
ReplyDeletecongrats!! on the baby, the house and life!! you're so awesome! hey, I posted the recipe to the cookie pie onto the post. have fun! kisses to the kiddies :)
ReplyDelete