Well kind of, not really. I could careless to be a millionaire, but how I wish things were different financially. I mean, I look at my situation and then look at other people who are in much much worse situations, and that makes me realize that hey it's not so bad after all. BUT, still it sucks. A couple months ago we decided to dedicate our tax return to paying off our credit card debt, and that's what we did! I was so happy, I mean who wouldn't be right? All we had to worry about was our rent, phone, car, and insurance, that's it. Then 2 trips to Hawaii came up (of which we used one credit card to pay for one of the trips- which was my uncle's wedding) and now I feel like I'm back in the hole, and I absolutely hate it.
However, I guess it could be worse right? We're never late on payments on anything, back in Feb. when we checked our credit scores, they were amazingly good, and on everything that showed up in our names all the history showed that we were never late, and never missed payments on any bills. I guess I'm just getting a reality check (BIG reality check) that we need to recheck our spending habits. We KNOW what we're suppose to do, but yet we do it half way, or don't fully commit. I guess I have to admit that I feel most responsible for this because I was the first one to swipe our credit card (after we paid it all off- I know, naughty naughty!) and really my husband has allowed me to take care of the bills, but when it comes to eating out or getting things we never really stop each other from doing those things. So I don't want to be a millionaire, but I do want to be debt free, and comfortable. So though it'll hurt to have to pay credit card bills, once again, we have to face the consequences of our foolish spendings, and I've learned a great lesson and am already starting to budget things out, and realize that we're in no shape to be wanting more than what we actually need!
However, good news for today (as I made my usual $50 payment to my student loan at the University of Utah), my loan which started at $3,000+ is now at $900+ remaining on the balance. This makes me SOOOOO happy, because now I feel like hey, if you used just one paycheck you could PAY THIS OFF! Though I highly doubt we'll do that, I'm just happy to know that we could kill this off in a couple of months, I might just up the $50 payments to pay it off quicker.
Also, in good news, we might be moving to Taylorsville. All the details are still up in the air, but it's a possibility. I hope *crossing my fingers* that everything works out and by the end of the month we are out. This is what has gotten me thinking about our finances, because we sat down, discussed where we're at and if we could afford to move out, and thankfully the answer is Yes. But there's still other people to talk to, and agreements to be made in order for this move to be finalized (more details to come later).
Also, to add, our kitchen (well the kitchen here at Fehi's parents house) has been in renovation for at least 1, maybe it's been 2 months now. So for that amount of time there hasn't been a place to cook, and so we've had to get food else where (fast food, etc.) and quite frankly, I'm sick of eating out, and paying for it (it's REALLY expensive!) So today I decided that we're going back to the basics, and we're going to try to cook something on this one burner (plug-in) that we have. So for dinner I made us rice & hot dogs, with chili. You really use your imagination when it comes to cooking on a single burner. I cooked the rice, stuck the hot dogs over it and closed it, allowing the steam to cook the hot dogs once the rice was almost cooked. Then I opened the cans of chili (which was alright) and just stuck that on the burner and let it warm it. Wasn't the GREATEST meal ever, but it wasn't that bad at all and hey it only cost $2.72 to feed our family. If we move to Taylorsville, this is what I'll be most excited for, to COOK my family a meal. I can't wait!
Lani, you are so good with money. I say that because I am so bad with it. So bad that I had the bills taken away from me because I wasn't doing a very good job paying for them. I am pleased to say that after how many years now, we finally have things under control. Love the creativity of the meal! Good luck with moving - hope it happens for your beautiful family!!!
ReplyDelete