Monday, May 30, 2011

EMZ Crew!


This was when we received the Select25 Award from Select Health (5/13/11)

If you've been there then you know what it means to be part of the EMZ Crew a.k.a. Early Morning Zumba Crew.  I've been attending these free classes for I believe about 3 months now, but the beginning of this class started way before I joined.  Sinai Pauni teaches this class, and every now and then we get guest instructors like Jocie DeCorte, and our own B & B (Beti & Betsy).  This morning we started off our Memorial Day getting in a dose of EMZ, and I loved it! A few weeks ago, thanks to Teuila, we received (well the crew but mostly Sinai) a Select25 (from Select Health) Award.  It was amazing to see everyone that ever came to EMZ come and join in on the festivities. We made shirts, and did a few numbers and of course ate! No worries, it was a "healthy" breakfast.
Front of EMZ shirt I made for our Select25 Award
Back of the Shirt


I absolutely love EMZ and wish I had kicked myself to go earlier, especially since it's literally in my back yard, but I'm glad to see the progression and growth with our EMZ Crew.  Now instead just Wednesday & Thursday Morning here in Glendale, there will be classes all week at different locations too. So I'm pretty excited, and will have to really make an effort to attend these classes at other locations.
Next month all of those who attend Zumba, who want to, will get the chance to participate in a flash mob to Beyonce's "Let's Move" (it's her campaign for kids to be active and healthier), and I've gotten the opportunity to help teach our EMZ Ladies this dance along with Beti, Betsy, and my sil Lupe.  This has started something that I've been thinking about.  My husband asked if I would like to become a Zumba Instructor, and at first I was like "No... I could never.." but since being up on stage for that one number, and recently watching Beti & Betsy do their thang on stage, I've kind of been tossing around the idea.  I haven't quite made up my mind yet, and I'll be taking a Zumba class this coming up Fall, so hopefully as the summer rolls on by I'll make up my mind as to whether it's a go or not. I mean, I'm already bugging my husband with every song I hear, telling him "Babe, we could do this in Zumba!" lol... So keep posted for that, hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day today! 

In March, after EMZ
Yes I was eating a Donut while warming up.. and it was delicious! lol 
Select25 Award- EMZ Crew with the BIG check
Morning of Select25 Award Presentation Guest Instructor Jocie DeCorte came, she always kicks muli, big time! lol
Doing Beyonce's "Let's Move" routine at the Select25 Award presentation
Lupe, Myself, Beti, & Betsy with all the kids doing "Let's Move"
EMZ Crew= Love it!

Doing "Let's Move" again
Memorial Day (5/30/11) EMZ Plank lol


1 comment:

  1. I think you would make a great instructor. When you are ready to do more songs, just let me know!!! Thanks Lani for being a part of our group and for leading the Beyonce number!!!!! Can't wait to do the Flash Mob. That should be lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete