Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Changes

Well I've been seriously lacking in my blogging, but here's to trying (again) lol.

I heard this quote while watching TV "Change is hard, change is overwhelming... it's much easier to stay on the road you're on than to have to change..." For me I think this has been the theme this past week.  I've had a lot to contemplate, and a lot of choices to make.

This past week was our second week of school, fyi we missed the first week because we were still in Hawaii lol, and yes it was well worth it hahaha.  This semester we have a Psychology class on wednesday night for 3 hours, a beginning sewing class on thursday night for 3 hours, and a math class on saturday morning for three hours, along with our online english class.  It's always been a stressful thing for us to find a babysitter, because we never had a set one since our first semester at school.  Thankfully we've been able to rely on my sil Maopa, but I always feel bad because she has her own kids, and sometimes other peoples kids to watch, and last thing I want is for her to get sick with all the babysitting (she was really sick when she was young and has had a kidney transplant, and every now and then she gets seizures, their mild, and she doesn't fall to the ground or anything, but I always worry about her health and I don't ever want her to be overwhelmed.)

After contemplating about this for a while, on Thursday night I texted my brother to ask if he would be willing to move out here and help watch our kids while we have school.  This has been something that we've discussed with my mom, and she talked to him about, and he always said he would do it, and so when I asked him he agreed to come out.  I've been trying to make sure he's okay with this decision, because I know this is a huge step for him.  He's so use to his comfort zone, staying at home, working 'iate, and kicking it with his friends.  So my moving him out here, it's gonna be definitely a big change for him. He won't have his same friends (which I think he needs to change anywayz lol) and he'll be meeting new people and what not.  So far he's still coming out, and will get here Friday morning.  I'm especially grateful because then we get extra help, meaning we could even work more hours (to make more money for bills and our savings) and we won't' have to stress out about a sitter anymore.  So I will be forever grateful to my little brother for doing this for us, he doesn't realize how much it means to the both of us.

Along with the theme of changes, a few weeks (months) ago my husband deleted his facebook account.  He realized he went on it too much, and it was more so to look at what other people were doing/saying, he felt like he was just being "fie'ilo" in other peoples business.  Lately I've been feeling the same way, and I've been wasting unnecessary time on there. So I as well, deactivated my account, and I'm happy about the decision.  Those who need to contact me know how, and I rather invest my time (if on the internet) on my blog, so all works out! :)

This year feels like the year of changes, and I hope that through whatever changes may come, we continue to grow through them. On a side note, tomorrow is my first ultrasound... I can't wait to see the little one...  So I guess I'll be back tomorrow with an ultrasound pic! :)

4 comments:

  1. its always so nice to have sibs to come out and help! i love when my sisters come over... to help me... clean my house. hahaha. good luck with all the great changes and excited for the ultrasound :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's always so nice to have Fam around... Makes life so much more easier! Lol

      Delete
  2. That'll be so nice for your brother to come out! I'm jealous. A permanant baby sitter!?! :) is he single? I have a smokin hot 19 yr old sister ;) he probably doesn't like palangi girls though. I need to get off FB too! Inoke HATES FB. He never got on it. I wish I didn't. I'm a camper. Damn. :( Yay for changes for you though :) How many weeks are you?! I'm excited to hear what you're having. Hope you're feelin good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i'm super excited for him to be here, and yes he's single! lol... But now I'm 16 weeks along, we hopefully find out what we're having in 3-4 weeks! :) hope all is well sis! ttul! :)

      Delete