That's what I plan to do tomorrow with my Facebook. As most of you may (or may not) know I deactivated my Facebook last week. I felt like it, or more so "I", was wasting a lot of time on it. So I "deactivated" it so I could see how long I could last. At the time I went the "deactivation" route versus the actual "delete" route because I didn't know if I could actually do it. Now that I'm seeing that I'm fine without it and actually love not being connected to so many people's lives I'm ready to delete it for good!
However, a friend who also deleted her Facebook mentioned that if you don't actually remove your personal data from FB they could still use them... So thats why I'm going to reinstate my Facebook just for a little bit so I can delete them (pictures/information) off of the website. She also mentioned a spot where you can download all your items from Facebook. And I definitely want all my millions (exaggerating) photos from FB.
So tomorrow will be the last time I look at it again. I'll be happy to not see whether someone has just woken up or not, or whether they are just arriving at work, and I'm definitely not missing out on childish drama that can play out between grown people. I think it's time to go back to more personal means of communication. So, If you want me at your wedding or something please send me a real invite (like the ones I custom made and sent out individually for my wedding lol) cause I'm not on FB anymore and can't tell you whether I'll "Join", "Decline", or "Maybe" show up. Lol. That is all. :) goodnight!
right on sista! im so relieved i got rid of mines.
ReplyDelete