Monday, January 30, 2012

3rd Pregnancy Cravings

It's funny because I'm so not a "fruity" person.  I love to drown my food in vegetables.  When I eat burritos I have to cut up lettuce, tomatoes, maybe avocado if I have them, add some sour cream and salsa and eat it like that. When I make anything with vegetables I can easily put in a ton, and you'll see me eating most of them rather than the meat.  However, the funny thing with this pregnancy is I'm eating more fruit than I normally ever would.  I bought a tray of Mangoes from Costco, a Papaya and some Banana. It hasn't even been 24 hours since I bought the Mangoes, yet I've eaten 3 of them and they are pretty large mangoes lol.

This pregnancy I've noticed definite differences in my appetite.  I've gained about 5 pounds (boo) since I've gotten pregnant and I'm 17 weeks right now.  It's probably due to my time in Hawaii, I've eaten more there than I do here in Utah.  But even with my vacay in Hawaii there were just days that I didn't really want to eat any of the food there.  One day I even parked in front of Papa Ole's looked at them, then drove off because I didn't find anything appealing to eat there (I'm sure I'll regret that later lol).  Since I've been back in SLC, my appetite has definitely changed.  I don't eat as much, I snack through out the day on what I can, then I usually have Dinner as my biggest meal, whatever it may be.  My husband bought me a plate from L&L (chicken katsu) and usually I'd eat most of it,  but this time I couldn't even finish half of it.  Even last night before I went to work, I was starving and put in a pizza in the oven, while it was baking I threw a burrito (you know the yummy steak ones from costco) in the microwave, threw some salsa on it and ate it.  By the time the pizza was ready I wasn't hungry for it anymore.  I went to work with 2 cookies, a mango, water and a coke.  I ate one of the cookies, the mango, and drank the water and coke.

Now I know you wanted my whole food diary right? lol, but I just think it's funny what pregnancy does to you.  I'm sure a few weeks or months from now I'll be eating nonstop and then I'll wish I didn't eat so much lol.  I hope to only gain a few more pounds this pregnancy.  I was already overweight before I got pregnant, so I really REALLY really don't want to gain any unnecessary weight.  Now that my brother is here, maybe I can get some exercise time in or maybe even start going to Zumba gain hmm. Ah we'll see Glendale is still too far a drive for me (and my gas) so we'll see.

Anyhow, hope all is well and everyone has a great day! :)

1 comment: