Today was a pretty busy day for me. I woke up a little after 8 am, got ready and headed out with my little Kesaia up to Primary Children's hospital for her ENT appointment. Kesaia has had so many frequent ear infections, or maybe the same one that won't go away (??), that we have decided it was best for her to get ear tubes, like her older brother Moe. And to be quite honest, since Moe has gotten the ear tubes (almost a year ago) he hasn't had problems with his ears. Anyhow, so we scheduled to have her surgery (minor) on February 22nd.
After her appointment we came home and thankfully she knocked back out, so all three (fehi and kids) were sleeping, which worked out perfectly because I still needed to cut out our samples (fabric pieces) for our sewing class. I spent about 2 hours cutting all the pieces out, then we ate some lunch (saimini & spam .. yumm!) and then got ready to go to my first prenatal visit with the Nurse Midwives at IMC.
The nurse midwife that I had met today was Melissa (forgot her last name). The nice thing I like about having a midwife is that unlike OB's where they can be between the office for appointments, and downstairs delivering, midwives that day are either solely in the office, or solely in labor & delivery. I really liked how she also said that once you go in labor, and are at the hospital, they are there. You don't get assigned a specific midwife (though you could choose to have one) but you see whoever is there on the day of your appointment. At first I thought I would just stick with Melissa, cause I thought she was really nice, but I figured it would be a good idea to meet all the midwives there so by the time I give birth I'm comfortable with anyone of them.
I didn't get an ultrasound today, but I was able to hear the baby's heartbeat. :) Hearing the heartbeat, in a weird way, kind of validated it for me. I guess you just never know for sure until you see it (ultrasound) and/or hear it (the heartbeat). I have an ultrasound set in 3-4 weeks, where we will see how the baby is doing, but also we'll get to find out what we're having.
I'm definitely excited and grateful that I'm able to bring another child into this world. When the midwife questioned me on dates (LMP, first positive pregnancy test, etc.) I was able to give her exact dates. She then asked if we had planned this, and I was like "oh yeah, we did!" lol and she just said "that's awesome! I love to hear that!"
After my appointment we rushed over to drop the kids off at my in laws house, then we went to class. So this day has been non-stop for me, and now I can relax, blog a little, then knock out (if my kids let me lol). I'm also excited because tomorrow my brother and my mom will be coming in from HNL. :) I'm forever grateful to my brother for his sacrifice in helping us, I only hope we can help him too (maybe help him on his way to a mission lol). Until tomorrow.. goodnight! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment