Sunday, January 1, 2012

Out with the old, in with the new.. HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :)

Last night we rang in the new year with my family here in Kahuku, Hawaii.  I can't tell you how happy I was that we made the flight to HNL from LAX.  Thank goodness to that gate agent working the flight, when she called your name (2x at most) if you didn't show up you were skipped, and luckily that's how all three of us got on. :)  We finally arrived in Hawaii at 7:30am, picked up all of our luggage and we were greeted by my mom and little sister who were waiting with a cart for us.  Moe was so excited to see Ila, he just started running all around, knowing that she would chase after him. LOL. Then we were on our way home.  I was super hungry and wanted Zippy's but nothing was open, but jack in the box.  So we stopped at Jack in the box in Wahiawa and ordered some food for us. My mom laughed cause everything came out to about $40 and she said, "Yupp, that's a Lani order" lol. On our way home we stopped over so my step-dad could see the kids, then we finally got home at about 9p.m.

Trying to keep these kids busy, this was our 3rd flight of the day from LAX to HNL

Kesaia drawing, this kept her busy for.. oh, 30 seconds lol
 I was so excited to pop fireworks, well, to actually see a fireworks show.  Growing up it was crazy on New Years Eve night. Everyone had the illegal, big fireworks (lol), everyone was out and about popping fireworks, and all you saw was smoke that filled the roads.  Sadly, I found out that this year they started a requirement for a permit for fireworks, so not a lot of people were popping fireworks, not even the small ones. :(  Our neighbors, however, always throw a party and always have fireworks.  So at 11:57p.m. we came out of the house, and went out into the street to see what everyone had.  It was still fun to see other people pop fireworks, and I'm sure there were many illegal ones.  My neighbor told us that he got his fireworks for a sheriff in town who was selling it on the side, LOL, only in Hawaii.   Our neighbors ended up giving us some of their fireworks, so we had fun with that.  Kesaia liked it, Baby Moe didn't.  He would yell at us and tell us "No!" lol. Here's a few pics from last night:

Kesaia looking at the fireworks



The neighbors popping their red fireworks
Moe trying to hide from the fireworks lol
Daddy and Moe

Love it :)

My sisters, mom, "aunty" nancy (lol) and baby moe

Babe having fun even though it's past 12am lol
We chilled last night outside and a few of our friends drove by and stopped and said hi, and we catched up for a little bit. We finally went to sleep around 2 a.m., woke up a little after 7 a.m. got ready and went to my old ward I grew up in, Kahuku 2nd.  It was a special sacrament meeting, because we got to hear from all of the bishops that presided in the ward since it first started, from Bishop Semisi Vanisi, Bishop Aiu, Bishop Harry Brown (my favorite) and Bishop Pickard.  All their talks were awesome, and from all of them it made me want to be better this year.  Bishop Aiu talked about tithing and making the right choices, and I loved how at times he was just so straightforward with it, at times we couldn't help but laugh lol.  Bishop Brown talked about service, and I want to be able to do more service throughout the year.  After sacrament we came home, okay I lie, we ahem broke sabbath (already I know right lol) and bought some poke, tako poke, and rice from Kahuku Superette.  And lemme tell you, it was SOOOO yummy, fulfilled every poke craving of mine, nothing can beat Superette's poke! :) So far we're enjoying our time here, and tomorrow we'll go to the beach. :) woohoo, can't wait!

Happy New Year! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment