Saturday, January 28, 2012

Hope

These past few days have been trying days for me.  I can't go much into detail, but I've been feeling so confused, down, and all the above.  I have a friend who is going through a lot right now, and I feel every pain she is feeling, and can't help but find myself searching for answers too.  I find it no coincidence that the things I've done this week has led up to today.  I deleted my Facebook because I felt like I was spending unnecessary time on it, but I kept my blog open as a way to still be connected out there.  FB for me gets distracting, and can definitely put you in an idle mode, not helping you feel the spirit, or anything (or at least that's my take). This morning we went to school, and after class we had drove all the way to Costco but realized we didn't have our wallets on us, so we came home.  Instead of hurrying out the door, we stayed, ate some food, then I came into my room got on the laptop and started looking at blogs.  I tend to look at blogs because you can get enlightenment and feel uplifted through blogs, definitely not facebook.  And with how I've been feeling lately, I just wanted to get lost in someone else's story, just to kind of forget what's going on in mines right now. 


I came across a blog this morning that just touched my heart.  This blog belonged to a wife who lost her husband 2 years ago, and they have 6 girls together. I immediately started to think of my friend and the hardship they're going through. In one of her blog entries she shared a talk that a friend had given her by Elder Utchdorf. It talks about hope (you can read it here) and one of the things Presdient Utchdorf says that touched my heart was:


 "Hope is a gift of the Spirit. It is a hope that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the power of His Resurrection, we shall be raised unto life eternal and this because of our faith in the Savior. This kind of hope is both a principle of promise as well as a commandment, and, as with all commandments, we have the responsibility to make it an active part of our lives and overcome the temptation to lose hope."


Because of what my friend is going through I kept praying for comfort for her and for her family.  I also kept asking questions, or kept wondering "what if" but then those questions would only make me ask more questions, and bring me back to square one. It wasn't until I took the time this morning to read another blog that I was able to actually have some piece of mind, to have some comfort.  I know we all face different trials, and though my friend is going through some trials that I could never face, I know that without a doubt there's always something to be gained through it all.  Right now she's confused and possibly hopeless, but I'm glad I found this inspiring talk to share with her.   Please pray for my friend, as I do continuously. Much love to you all! :)



7 comments:

  1. I love reading other people blogs as well, to read good thoughts and what not. I know which blog you're talking about, and her blog is one of my favorites to read. Hope everything goes well with your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate uplifting blogs (like yours) too. And what a crazy coincidence, I just deleted FB a couple days ago hehe. I even dedicated two posts to it lol. You are a sweetheart Lani! Love to you, your ohana, and your friend that's struggling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey girl! yes it's nice to be free of FB! :) What's your blog??? I wonder if I'm already following LOL

      Delete
    2. what's your email? i'll add you on. small kine secret blog that's why lol.

      Delete
  3. Yes that blog is a tear jerker, and unfortunately I stopped reading it because I couldn't stop crying everytime I did lol...But all u can do for your friend is be there for her, be a listening ear, give advice that is realistic, and things will be ok.

    ReplyDelete