As mentioned in my previous blog.. I suck at blogging, but have decided to make a real effort at blogging again. When I was younger I wrote in my journal constantly. I distinctively remember starting my first journal at my first girls camp when I was 12 years old. I had loved girls camp so much, that I wanted to write down all the fun things we did, so I started a journal to keep those memories charted. I found myself writing in my journal everyday, and I really did find it to be so relaxing, and relieving for me. I could say anything I wanted in my journal. At times the nosy older sis would read what I wrote, at the time I'd get mad, but if you think about it back then it was so nonsense to get mad over it. lol. I mean really, did it matter if anyone knew who you had a "crush" on, or who you disliked ( oh the joys of being a teenager lol)
My habit of writing in a journal slowly started to decline when I started talking to my husband, and we got married and now 3 years into our marriage, I'm actually really bummed that I still haven't taken the time to write down the greatest moments in my life (the day i received my endowments, the day we got sealed, the birth of my children, etc.) and though I can't go back in time and write down everything on the exact day it happened, I'm glad that I still remember those important events that have happened in my life, and I'll probably take a couple days to write about them.
But here's to the start (again) of blogging... let's hope we keep up with it this time! :)
Sounds like me when I was a kid...wrote in my journal every day. And like you, that died out as I got older. Thank goodness for blogging to make it somewhat easeir. However, there are times when I can't even get that in.
ReplyDelete