I know it's probably not new news for some of you, because I was more than ready to share my excitement on facebook. Lol. But I'll share my excitement, again! It's been 3 years, but I'm glad to say that we're finally on our own. On Memorial Day my mom called and asked us if we would like to continue to pay the same amount of rent as we did as his parent's house, and pay utilities, and move to my Uncle Sake's house in Taylorsville. The long story is that my grandparents earlier this year, came up and bought a house in Herriman. My uncle Sake and his family then moved to that house, and for some time they were paying both mortgages on the Herriman house, and on the Taylorsville house. He was going to sell the house in Taylorsville, but after discussing it with my mom, they decided that she could pay for the house, once it's paid off then it'll be her house. And that's why she called us, to come and live in the house, pay part of the mortgage and utilities, and she'll pay the rest. The following week, we painted on a Tuesday night, moved in on a Wednesday, and we've been in since.
 |
| Here's where we're at now... Don't mind the trash cans lol |
I can't tell you how wonderful it feels, it was weird at first, because I kept thinking "really? we're never going back to that room again?" and I only say that because my husband and I agreed that once we move out, there's no going back, mainly because we more than likely won't get back our huge room we had there, and without that we really wouldn't fit half of our things in any other room.
Anyhow, I'm really grateful for my family for helping us. My grandparents stayed an extra week to make sure we were moved in and we were ok, my grandpa made sure the water was running before he even stepped a foot out of the house. My Aunt Paea would drive from Saratoga Springs, pick up my grandparents in Herriman, and then drive to Taylorsville to help us. She even came and brought her suburban and we packed most of our things in there because we were running back and forth in our little camry to move things. I'm also grateful to our brother-in-law Tonga Katoa, because at the end of the day after fitting almost everything else in our little car, and in my Aunt's Suburban, the only thing we had left were our small fridge, huge bed, and couches. Later on that night after work he helped my husband move those things, bringing them in his big Sears truck.
Two days later my mom and my little sister Ila flew up. My mom wanted to make sure we were settled, and also she wanted to bring Ila, so she can stay with me for the summer and help out with the kids. Saturday morning, we went to some garage sales and scored a day bed and futon for $60.00 (with mattresses included), and also a bunch of dishes along with some frying pans, and baking pans for $12.
 |
Here's the day bed, I also bought the sheet and pillows from D.I. for I think $7
(I have yet to put the futon up, when I do, pics will be on it's way) |
They were also able to get a fridge for us for $100 (I think). My uncle Sake gave us their old table, and they had only one chair, luckily I found 2 more chairs (exactly the same design, only different colors) and bought them both for only $5.
 |
| They gave us the white chair, and I bought the other two (green & brown) for $5 at a garage sale |
I've been going to Savers and D.I. a lot lately, and I tell you, it can really get addicting looking at things for a house. At Savers, as I was looking through the furniture area, which if you've been through it, there wasn't much to see, but tucked away in the corner under some other furniture I saw an end table ( I think that's what you call them), it was really nice, nice color also, the only thing wrong with it was some scratches on the top of the table, but for $5.99, I thought it was worth it!
 |
| The picture does a great job of covering the scratches on the table, but for $5.99, I thought that was a steal! |
Anyhow, that's just a few pictures of the things we bought, I have yet to take more of the futon and day bed (next post). It's been fun trying to find new things to furnish the house with, and it's funny cause now I wish I were that stay at home mom so I can enjoy the house, but it's ok... After the summer I'll get to do more work with it. One thing I definitely want to do is have a bbq in our backyard.
 |
| Good sized deck, especially for entertaining! :) |
 |
| right side of the yard, don't mind the grass.. Mr. needs to cut it this weekend! lol |
 |
| Left side of the yard |
It is the best feeling ever - having your own place. And once you do have your own place, if you ever have to live with someone after, it is so hard! We did that when we built the house we're in and can I just say it was the longest couple of months ever. Hehehe!
ReplyDeleteawesome! u know i'm ready to have a bbq! ;)
ReplyDelete