Here's some pics (Before/During/Afters):
Living Room- Before:
-Blue Carpet
-Dark brown paint
Living Room- During:
-Put in New flooring
-BUT paint gotta go...
Living Room* FINISHED Product! :)
-Lighter Paint Color
-New Base Boards
-New Ivory Curtains
-New Area Floor Rugs
Only thing I think is missing is more decorative things, maybe a coffee table, or better yet.. new couches! lol.
But hey, I can't complain we did get these bad boys for free.. so they're automatic keepers (and they are really comfy!) :)
Entry Way: Finish Product!
-New Flooring (Same as Kitchen)
-New Carpet on Stairs (Same as Area Rug)
Kitchen- Before:
Sadly this is the best picture I have of how the kitchen looked like before.
-Brown Dirty Greasy Cabinets
-Green Paint
Kitchen- During:
After painting the whole kitchen this minty-green color, we (I) decided the cabinets needed to be painted white. Here we are with most of the cabinets painted white. Well after putting the cabinets up, I didn't like the green after all. So what do we do... Change the paint color. :)
Kitchen-After:
-"Banana Cream" paint color (looks more soft and not as YELLOW/BRIGHT as in the pics)
- New flooring
-Painted Cabinets with original Hardware
-Didn't put up all the cabinets (kept 2 cabinets up top out)
-Took dishwasher out (wasn't working anyways) & now use it as storage space.
-And my favorite: Bead Boarding! :)
Don't mind the little things that don't belong in this picture lol.
The only thing we didn't change or alter in anyway was the counter top, though I wanted to take a sledge hammer to it. lol. We decided to keep them, they were/are in decent shape.
Took curtains that was originally from the living room and hung them here. These pictures (from my phone) really doesn't do the kitchen justice. :)
Bead Boards!!! :) These were a pain, especially to paint, but I love the country/cottagey feel of them.
Bathroom- Before/During:
A few months ago I removed all the wallpaper in the bathroom.
Only to find out there was another layer of paper to remove.
Basically finished removing all the old wallpaper.
Then our bathroom looked exactly like this for months!!!
Bathroom- Finished Product! :)
- Fehi chose the paint color. Looks like a deeper blue here, but is slightly different in person (well at least to me it is)
-4 feet high Bead Boards
- New Vanity Set & Countertop
- Put in another/bigger toilet
-New flooring :)
It took forever to find a curtain to fit the color and feel of the room, and I'm glad to say I do like this one.
New Flooring
Change the lighting fixture, Got rid of the Cabinet/Mirror thang and just got a big white framed mirror.
Installed the Vanity/Sink/Faucet,etc.
Overall, this whole experience with fixing up the house has been very tiring but Fehi & I have never been more proud of our hard work. Actually it was a trio-effort. My brother TJ has been there since the first day we brought back the flooring for our living room, and has helped along the way. He's quite the pro. in flooring installation now lol. He did the flooring in the entry way on his own, and I believe the bathroom on his own as well. He also helped a great deal with the flooring in the kitchen and living room.
Yesterday (well technically 2 days ago because it's now 1am) was probably the most tired I have been. Tired of painting, tired of sweeping, tired of cleaning, tired of stepping over all the sheetrock & breadboards, tired of a whooooole lot of things. Actually I'm really surprised I'm not knocked out right now. I woke up on Wednesday Morning at 10am, and like all the other mornings, I would get up and get to work right away. Well I woke up on Wednesday at 10am, stayed up all day, helping Fehi & my brother fix the bathroom. We stayed up till laaate at night, and then it was now 2am. I worked at 430am till 830am, on no sleep, but still came home and we finished up all the little details, and cleaned up a great deal. (You should've seen my deck, it was filled with garbage - that we have temporarily thrown on the side of the deck lol).
Today we all breathed a long, loud, sigh of relief because we were finally finished. Though technically that's a lie because I have just a few bead boards in the bathroom to paint... then I will be done. :)
In the future we look to finish remodeling the downstairs bathroom and then all the bedrooms (starting with ours of course!)
Oh and I have to add that I have realized through this whole experience, just how handy my husband is. And how wonderful, actually.. how much of a blessing it is, to know that he can do just about anything I ask of him, and trust me.... I had a lot of requests on how I wanted to house to look. He's been soooo awesome these past few weeks, sacrificing much time and especially sleep to get all this done by this weekend, which was our original deadline. So yayy for us accomplishing that as well! :)












It turned out so nice! Awesome job....and now you'll love it even more because of all the sweat equity you put into it! Good job!
ReplyDeletesooooo cute!! i love love love the new look :) great colors too. wish i could do my own stuff to our little bubogum apt buuuuuut... AINOKAN! lol. great job you guys! def something to be proud of :)
ReplyDelete