Seriously! When is it ever going to end!?!?!? lol. So I shared last week that we switched out our ugly blue carpet for new laminate flooring. WELL.. turns out we didn't like the dark paint with the floors after all. So we decided to paint our living room. My hubby chose this minty green color but as soon as we started painting a little area we both decided "
Hell... "...( Excuse Me... I mean....) "Heck No!" lol. So then we decided that maybe it would look better in the kitchen. Well that lead me to painting the whole kitchen. I
should've stopped there,
but I didn't. My pregnancy mind and my diy mind decided that we should paint the cabinets white (because they no longer matched the paint color) and yeah. One thing lead to another and we were pulling the vinyl flooring off in the kitchen. lol. It's actually kind of funny because I told my husband that we should throw away the dishwasher that has been there for years but is broken. And on top of that I told him in Hawaii we don't have dishwasher...
I was the dishwasher so therefore I don't even know how to use one (nor would I ever). So when he took it out, I saw the
ugly vinyl flooring and decided to pull up a part to see how the floors underneath it looked. Well by "pulling" on it, I ripped it. Not a
huge rip,
but enough to have to replace the floors. lol. That was my
evil plan in the first place hahahahaha.
So now we're up to our necks in renovations. And I'm tiiired! I've had 4 days off this week.. and every single one of those days from morning to night I was doing something (painting, cleaning, tearing up, etc.) and now I have the next 3 days off and that's what we'll be doing. We've repainted our living room, and have actually decided to
repaint the kitchen (I know right.. how many paint colors are we gonna go through? lol). After the living room and kitchen is 99% done we will start on our 2 bathrooms. Hoi, my back is already feeling the pain. :/ I'll be posting more updates and pics. I didn't get a before shot of the kitchen, but here's some of the almost finished kitchen:
 |
| Painting the cabinet doors.. HATED doing this but it had to be done .. This was the priming stage :/ |
 |
| Cabinets are up (Well most of them) and our kitchen is still a mess... |
 |
| New flooring in the Kitchen... |
 |
| Our Island/Countertop Before |
 |
| Island/Countertop After.. I love bead boards! :) |
 |
| Bead board on the walls... Just needs to be painted white. |
 |
| Living Room with the new lighter paint color.. Almost done painting :) |
 |
| And then the rest of the stuff going into the bathrooms (Hoi) |
Now it's time to go finish painting the living room and then start painting the kitchen. We chose a soft yellow color for the kitchen. Hopefully we like it, cause I will cry if we don't and we change it again lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment