Tuesday, May 1, 2012

30 Weeks Down, 10 to Go! & School Stuff...


What a BIG belly! lol

So I've hit my 30 week mark! Ah! I can't believe it. I swear I just got pregnant!! It's exciting though to be counting down in single digit weeks! Last week I did my glucose test (orange drink) and it was fine.  I downed it in like 10 seconds, lol. I actually liked the drink better when it was carbonated (of course I would lol).  When it was carbonated it tasted like orange soda, so I had no problem drinking it, now it just tastes like a melted otter pop.

At my appointment I was a little nervous about getting weighed.  Because I've been consistently loosing weight, rather than gaining, I knew at some point in my pregnancy I'd have to gain some weight.  So at my appointment I hopped on the scale and as I suspected, I gained 5 pounds! Ugh! lol.  But then again that means I've only gained 5 pounds this pregnancy. I'm hoping that for the remainder of my pregnancy, I gain only a max of 5 more pounds. LOL. I know such wishful thinking, but I think it can be done.  My theory is I was already overweight to begin with, so let's try to stay as close to my pre-pregnancy weight as possible to when it comes to finally loose it all I won't be starting that far off from my pre-pregnancy weight.

That's another thing I'm excited about... exercising! Ok, well shame on me, I should have already been exercising throughout my pregnancy, but I count work, school, house chores, and especially my kids as my forms of exercise. I was looking through old pictures of myself, from after I had Kesaia and I had lost my 20+ pounds and I started to get a little depressed lol.  I hope to go back to that. From looking like that (picture above) to this lol:



 So these pics I've never posted before.  These were taken almost 2 years ago. I remember we went to the mall and I seen a dress in macy's that was of course like $120 or something like that, but I wanted to try it on.  Before this I never tried on anything to see what size I was.  Before Fehi I was a size 14, then with all the weight gain I was at my biggest: an 18, then I got down to a 16, and so after working all summer long to loose the weight, I decided to try this dress on in a size 12. And it fit! And I was so excited! lol.  Well now I can barely fit a thigh into a size 12 lol.  I'm hoping to get back to this again, and maybe even see a size 10.  I can't even remember when I was ever that size, and I don't know if it's possible because I've always been a size 12-14, so we'll see. So anyhow, I'm def. starting my prep work for motivation to get moving once this baby comes out.

Anyhow, and as an update to my last depressing post about school... I have my last final tomorrow then it's break time for us. :) This semester has been stressful for us, I'm not exactly sure why, maybe it's all the changes that's been going on, but it's def. been stressful.  My husband just started working part-time at Costco a few weeks ago, and so it's been especially difficult for him to handle everything between working a full-time grave job, part-time at Costco, being a full-time student and then his duties at home.  It's been helpful having my brother here to help us when we have school, and also as a back-up for when we both can't be home, but I've been contemplating my roles of motherhood and my role as a student.  Both are very important to me, but we've been thinking that it's probably best that next semester I stay home with the kids.

This semester we were lucky to have my brother come stay with us to help out with the kids while we were at school.  So now that time is almost up, and he's going to be leaving back to Hawaii soon.  I'm actually kind of ready to send him back. lol. Not to be mean, because I'm very grateful for his being here to help us out, but I'm ready to have my house back, and just be our little family.  And more importantly get my bills back to normal (utilities, etc. but especially my FOOD bill lol).  I just found out that he might be coming back afterwards, and yeah I don't know about that lol. I told my husband, Uh NO! lol. Maybe it's the pregnancy hormones, but I explained it wouldn't be necessary for him to come back.  I'm going to stay home with the kids next semester, and so we wouldn't necessarily need him to stay.  On top of that, since he's been here we haven't asked him to get a job or anything, and we've given him money almost every check.  And my husband is a generous giver, he'd give 100's at a time if he could (or if I let him), whereas I would give maybe 40/50. lol.

So yeah, I don't know how I'm gonna break it to him.. but it has to be done. lol.  I rather he stayed home in Hawaii and helped my mom out, then coming here and eating up all my food and not doing anything here lol. Ok, enough of that cause I feel like I'm being a witchy sister right now. LOL. However, I am happy to be sending him home, and bringing my little sister up to stay with me for the summer.  I guess I'm more excited for her to come, cause 1. she's my SISTER and I'm tired of living with all these mens, and 2. I'm def. more closer to my sisters than my brothers and now I realize I can't live with my brothers (sorry bro's lol). Oh and 3. she listens and doesn't talk back (ahem... something a certain 21 y.o. could learn lol).

Anyhow, I'm just glad to have figured out what I'm gonna do next semester.  I keep telling Fehi that though school is important to me, our kids is my first priority.  My husband works hard to provide for our family, and I need to be there to take care of them.  So though it was hard to come to that realization that I would probably have to stay home with them next semester, that option is settling right with me each day.  I want to be able to enjoy my time with them, and watch them grow up, as well as them knowing that their mom was there for them as they grew up.

Anyhow, I can't believe it's May already! Next week Thursday is our Anniversary! and I have a nice gift in store for my love.  He deserves it so I hope to pull it off. I'll keep you posted! :)

2 comments:

  1. So am I completely jealous that you 1) have only gained 5 pounds, and 2) look absolutely beautiful pregnant? heck yes!! darn you and your amazingness! hahaha! I'm going to have to hit you up for tips on losing this baby weight afterwards. But omg, only 10 weeks left! how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What ever norma-jean! Your not the one that needs help loosing the baby weight, i think I SHOULD be the one asking you for tips on loosing weight! lol. Rub ya belly and say hi to baby for me! love ya sis! :)

      Delete