Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Potty Training Day 2 (Again)

So now that I'm on my PTO weeks until the 24th of this month, I decided it would be a good time to finally tackle potty training with Moe.  I'll be home with him 24/7 so mind as well try to get it over and done with sooner than later.  I've been looking up online any tips or helps with potty training.. and the number one thing they say is to make sure he is ready.  Well, I hope Moe is... cause we're doing it no matter what. lol. I bought him his first pairs of big boy undies and we did a trial run yesterday.  I got him a new seat for the toilet, and he was happy to go to the bathroom and sit on the toilet, but he would never actually GO in the toilet.  After I'd set him on the toilet for a few minutes he wouldn't do a thing, then he'd leave but then a few seconds later he's had an accident on the floor.  And that's basically how it's been like all day yesterday and today.  Yesterday I gave up at night, and just stuck a diaper on him (I know... I know).  The other thing they say is to have patience... ahem... That's a problem. lol. Being 31 weeks pregnant, and trying to potty train ugh yeah.. it's going to be hard.

I just hope that I can find a way for him to get it.  I keep questioning whether he's actually ready for it, and whether I'm potty training him because he's ready or because the world says he should be potty trained by now, or at least wanting to.  I'm kind of at the end of my rope (for today) because he's only had accidents today and no wins (in the toilet)... shoot, we haven't even gotten to the flushing part lol.  So hopefully I can do better, we can do better... he's still in his big boy undies and I'm going to gather my last bits and pieces of my patience for today and try harder. Wish me luck, again. :)

1 comment:

  1. hahaha aaww its always hard to potty train, especially if its with your first born. I have had the same thing happen to me with Nahleah. I too looked up online for tips and I found a pretty good one, that helped a lot. I forgot where I got it, i think it was on pinterest. But the thing that worked for Nahleah was "praising". Making a potty chart for her, if she has no accidents and uses the toilet its a star, and there is accidents its a sad face, and I even do high fives with her. lol. And to my surprise it works. She now tells me when she needs to use to toilet. But I am still trynna get her to not pee on the bed, I still put her in pullups at night only cause I do not wanna have loads of blankets to wash. lol. But thats what worked for us, if it helps. We also let her pick out her potty seat and panties, it was all princess stuff...lol...hope this sort of helps :)

    ReplyDelete