Thursday, March 8, 2012

Rice Krispies

It's almost 3 in the morning.. and as I'm trying to sleep.. my baby (in my tummy) is kicking me and all I want right now is this:


A nice big fat king-sized rice krispie treat. :)  But I have no car or husband right now to get it (curse you grave yard shift that keeps my husband away from me most nights, and away from my late-night cravings lol) so now I have to dream of rice krispies, and hope that when I wake up the craving will have gone away. lol.

Funny thing is I went to walmart earlier today to grab some things for our sewing class tomorrow (or more like today) and I wanted sooooooooo badly to grab one but I had control the impulse/craving because I kept thinking to myself "Every $$$ counts.. Every $$$ counts.."  See Fehi & I are really trying to get more in control of our spending, so we haven't eaten out (on our own dime) in what... a couple weeks now.  Before we step out of the house we eat something, and take extra drinks or snacks with us so we're not tempted to grab something from McDonalds or Costco or whatever, and trust me.. that's a big step, for me at least. lol.

I'm the one who will try to find the easy way out of things.  Take for instance eating out, usually we'd leave the house on an empty stomach and after running errands I'd say "Let's just get something so we don't have to cook..." or I'll bust the "I'm hungry.. I haven't eaten all day..." lol.  And of course my husband won't let his pregnant wife supposedly starve...  so then he caves in, I cave in, and our money caves in. lol.

So it's a nice change for us to be very cautious about our spending, even down to the penny.  So yes my friends, that is why I'm craving a huge fat rice krispie treat so late at night, because I didn't cave in and buy one earlier today.  Instead I'm gonna drink some water, say my prayers, and go to sleep. LOL. Goodnight! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment