After finishing up my scripture studies (which I'll get to in a little bit), I came across this video and thought it was hilarious.
I remember President Monson's talk, and it's so true. Too many times do we pass judgments (even the littlest ones) yet we forget that we ourselves are not perfect. I know pre-marriage I was prone to doing a lot of that, yet I justified it with saying "I'm just speaking the truth", well truth-be-told, who's to say I knew what was true or not lol. Then I met my husband, who kindly shared with me how at times I could be judgmental. Yes true story lol. And since then I feel like I've been able to be more aware of things I say, or even what I think, and really try not to pass any judgements on anyone cause really I'm far from perfect.
Tonight's scripture study was amazing, and I'm really starting to fall in love with them all over again. I read from 1 Nephi Chapter 16, and I use a scripture study guide to help my understanding, and thinking process when I'm reading. What I loved was this
"Have you ever noticed that when you
are in tune with the Spirit it is much easier to deal patiently with the things
that go wrong in your life? On the other hand, most people find that as the
distance between them and the Lord grows, their control of their temper
shrinks. In 1 Nephi 16
you will read about both kinds of experiences. Discover how the Lord sometimes
uses adversity to teach important lessons.”
I definitely agree that when you are in tune with the spirit, you are able to deal with a lot more things that come your way (big or small) and have more patience. When you're not, your control of your temper tends to shrink. Which is funny because I was definitely short on patience when I woke up this morning. I was getting annoyed by the littlest things, like stinky poopoo diapers (lol), and I could feel myself getting annoyed. So the first thing I did was say my prayers, and that feeling of annoyance went away, and I was able to be more in tune with the spirit, and tend to my children and their needs. I love that this gospel is able to give much such daily lessons in life, that will make an impact not only on me but also my family. This is another reason why I know it's true! :)
I so needed to read this. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad :)
Delete