Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Potty Training Day 1

So today I finally decided to face my fears and start the task of potty training.  My son is 3 years old now, and lately I've been feeling the need to potty train him, or at least start and see how he takes to it.  For weeks now he would always come to me, and say "mama.. change diaper" because he doesn't like the feeling of a dirty diaper.  So today I've decided to quit being lazy and to start putting in the work. lol. So here's to day 1 of potty training.  If I had it my way I would potty train both my kids before #3 comes along, but for now I'm just gonna concentrate on getting Moe out of diapers. I just hope he's ready, cause I am. :)

Any tips are welcomed!!!

4 comments:

  1. Once you decide, just completely cut off diapers for him! No pull ups either. You'll probably have to do a bit more laundry than usual.. but its worth it. This worked w both of my boys. You'll have to have him stay home for like 2 days, w his big boy underwear, keep giving himots of liquids and ask him like every 30 mins if he has to go potty. Have a bowl or bucket of prizes or treats, when he goes, he gets a treat & make a big sewon out of it, when he has an accident he watches you flush it down the toilet. Act all sad. Make him sit in his wet undies for a bit and see how its uncomfortable... Stop giving him liquids around 8:00 so he won't pee the bed.. have him go potty right before. My oldest would lee the bed occasionally and he still does almost 6 yrs old, so I did have to give in and get pull ups... But my almost 5 yr old has never had a problem. He pooped his pants a few times while potty training... But after like 3 days of being strict and me trying to not be lazy... It went fabulous :)

    Loooove reading your blog. I laugh, cry, you name it. Haha Exciting you're having a boy :) we Hung out w Fehi's brother Moe & his family at Junior's house in Rose Park for a but last night for Moe's birthday. :) we need to get together.. shoot.. go fly somewhere ;) miss you guys. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey jobi!!! thanks for the tips! cause yesterday was a total fail lol.. I put one of those plastic undies on him and every hour I would take him to the toilet then after I took him he came like 10 minutes later and said "Mama.. change diaper!!" lol... He had pee'd all over himself.. so I figured I'd give him another day and try again later.. and when I pulled his diaper out he was like "yayyy diaper!!! :)" hahahaha I couldn't stop laughing! lol I think I'll have better success once this weather warms up and I can let him run commando outside lol.. Anywayz, yes we should take a trip somewhere!! even if it's just for a day!!! :) I've been watching one too many shows about diners and what not out on the east coast.. and I'm soooooo wanting to go now! lol

      Delete
  2. I just read back and had soooo many typos. Lol... Oh well that's what you get for using a phone to type I guess..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol you're fine! I understood everything you typed anyways haha

      Delete