Saturday, March 10, 2012

Perks of Working at Delta...

One of the many perks of working at Delta is the chance of meeting celebrities... :)  As cheesy as it may sound, it is true.  However, I use to run into more of them when I worked mornings.  I've gotten to see Dr. Oz and his wife, a rapper named Tygah (??? I had to google his name to find out who he was.. true story... the only reason I found out he was on my flight is because a kid told me), I've also seen M.C. Hammer but all those times I've never actually talked to them or anything; just saw them, got excited for a little bit, but kept my cool cause you know I was trying to be professional. ;)  Well now that I work nights, and at the B-gates (where we handle all the small flights) I don't see as much celebrities.  Tonight, however, was different.  :)

I was boarding my flight to Omaha and this guy walks up and asks me have we boarded yet, and I told him that we did but to hold off for a little bit (because we had someone in a wheelchair getting seated).  Then when I looked at him I said "Hmm... You look familiar..." and he just smiled, and I said "Where do I know you from..." and he didn't say much, and I kept (ahem) harassing him because I just knew him from somewhere but I couldn't pinpoint where.  Then I kept bothering him and finally he said "Yeah my name is Chad Murray".  And I said "Ok, but where do I know you from?" and he wouldn't say what movie or anything, so I said "Okay, I'm gonna google your name just so you know.. " lol So of course I let him go, but I could NOT remember what movie he was from.  Then it dawned on me that he was "Austin" from a Cinderella Story!! Which happens to be one of my favorite teenage girl movies! :)



I do have to say he looks even better in person. lol. So after I figured out where I knew him from, I went on the airplane to give the flight attendants their closing paperwork and then I went to him (of course he was sitting in first class) and I told him "Now I know who you are! You're the guy from 'A Cinderella Story'!" lol.  He just laughed and then he said "Well, it's nice to meet you!" and he shook my hand. :) lol. I do have to say that I probably irritated his girlfriend (I think her name is Kenzie Dalton).  She was probably like get away from my man you stalker! hahahaha. It was fun though, and I think I got a little headache from all the excitement of meeting him. But a nice cold can of Coke took care of that for me. lol. One of my co-workers was so mad that she didn't get to see him, and we actually tried to see if we could see him (from the outside of the plane) when we were walking back to our break room, but we couldn't so we just left.  Oh and I didn't get a picture with him, or of him... I'm just not that nervy, but he did hand me this part of his boarding pass, and of course I kept it. lol.

Chad Murray's Boarding Pass
*don't mind my fake nail that needs to be filled lol*

6 comments:

  1. lol that's so funny... that was me and fumie the whole time during sundance. so funny after we check em in, then google their name, and when their pic pops up it looks nothing like the person we checked in.....make up sure as heck works magic. LOL.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leta.. funny cause I never saw ANYONE during sundance.. lol.

      Delete
  2. Haha you are so cute! I totally would have done the same thing. BTW, he's even better in Alicia Keys' video "Unthinkable (I'm Ready)". *girly sigh* http://youtu.be/HhuGQUZJot8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes he is! lol.. I'm telling you it's those eyes! hahaha

      Delete
  3. I would love your job! haha.. So fun!!!

    ReplyDelete