Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Potty Training Fail

So yesterday I attempted, or more like "we" (me and moe) attempted his first day of potty training.  I looked up online some tips about starting potty training and one of the things they stressed is making sure they're ready to take on the task of potty training.  They even said how kids will even sometimes wait until about 3 or 4 years old until they're ready.  So after reading all this, I got him out of his diaper and into a plastic undie (what they wear to go swimming) and every hour I took him to the bathroom and sat him on his toilet.  After one of the times I took him to the bathroom 15 minutes later he came back and yelled "Mama change diaper!!!" and I saw he had pee'd all over himself. lol.  I decided to stick him back in a diaper and then wait until this weather was a little warmer, or when school is over for me so that I could really be with him 24/7 to do his potty training and he could run commando outside in the backyard lol. So after cleaning him up, I pulled a diaper out he yelled "Yayyyy diaper!!!" with the biggest smile on his face. lol. So potty training will wait a few more weeks.  I really wish 99% of our house wasn't carpeted then it'd make clean-ups a lot easier when the time comes. lol.

4 comments:

  1. LOL...at least you tried! :) I think I'm gonna try and tackle that with my 2 year old too....she told me the other day "mom, change my diaper, it's full"....I figured if she can tell me, she is smart enough to get out of a diaper...haha, we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol see and that's what I thought with my son.. He always let's me know when it's time to change his diapers.. or when it gets too full. But when I take it off he wants it back on. lol. I figured I'd give him this last box of diapers then it's time to get to work lol. Or how about you can take my son and train him too... :) LOL. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad ur trying!! I need my 21/2 yr old to hurry the heck up, cuz I hate changing her overgrown self!! Lol good luck!! I think I'm gonna have my sister potty train her lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dianna! I need all the luck I can get! lol. Can your sister potty train both of our kids?? lol

      Delete