So earlier this week we had our ultrasound with Maternal Fetal Medicine to find out if everything was okay with baby and also find out the gender. It's crazy though cause everyone I know that's pregnant is having a girl! I'm the only one I know that's having a boy, but I'm happy about it. There's quite a few of us pregnant right now. I know some due in June, I'm due July, August and September. Talk about a great time to have babies. lol. Yesterday I went in to see my midwife for my routine every 4 week check-up. Because I'm seeing a midwife now, you actually don't get assigned to a specific midwife in the clinic. The way it works is the day you have your appointment, whoever the midwife is that's on at that time is the midwife who will see you. You can ask to have appointments with one specific midwife, but I decided that I would be open to meeting all of them so when it's time for me to give birth I'll be comfortable with any of the midwives. Yesterday I met Marykay, and we had a quick short appointment. We listened to his heartbeat and it sounded fine. I got results from my labs that I did the last time, and all were good and normal. I weighed in and was PLEASANTLY surprised to see that I lost about 4 pounds since my last appointment. So I'm basically still at the same weight I was pre-pregnancy and I refuse to gain any unnecessary pounds. So as long as baby is growing I'm fine with loosing weight off my own body. lol. Now I say I'm pleasantly surprised cause we just had baby moe's birthday on Saturday and we had tons of food! We had pupu chicken, beef broccoli, lusipi, mussels, ota, ufi, potato salad, cake and ice cream. And yes I ate them all! So all weekend long I was eating heavy tongan food, so I'm still glad to have lost. :)
To my baby boy a.k.a. "mama's baby" ... Keep growing strong and healthy. I still feel every moment you make (and you make a lot now!). We love you so much and can't wait to meet you in a few months. We're half way there :) Keep going strong my little man! :)
Hi Lani,
ReplyDeleteI don't know if you remember me, I met you earlier when I came over last year. My mom is sisters with Aunty Paea. Anyways, I don't know how I found your blog exactly - but hope you don't mind I just followed you. Congratulations on your recent pregnancy!!! Ofa atu, Tita
Hi Tita! of course I remember you! you're family! :) how r u doing? and how r the wedding plans coming along?? Well just a few more months and we'll be seeing you! take care! much love! -lani
Delete