Most people love this time of the year.. Tax season. I on the other hand, HATE IT. lol. The past few years we've filed our own taxes (turbotax.com) and we've come out with an okay return. Which is expected with the income we make, etc. but I am in AWE when I hear people get like $10,000 back on their tax return. Like for reals... How? LOL. And then those same people throw it down the drain with nonsense purchases. lol. (No one in specific in mind.. I promise. kinda. lol) Anyhow, this year (as in every year since we've been married) I don't plan on getting a big return, and I rather like it that way too. I have been trying to understand more about money, taxes, returns and learned that you really want to get as close to zero as you can. As in trying not to owe, or get a big return. It would be wiser to set your pay throughout the year to where you are getting most of it back, and in your savings account (versus with the IRS) then when tax season comes around you don't owe anything, but don't get much in return.. does that make sense? I hope so, cause it did in my mind, but may have translated into something else when I typed lol.
This year will be the first year I have a w-2 since we've been married, or more like since 2007... so woo-hoo to that. lol. I'm probably going to spend the next days (weeks) running numbers through turbo tax, comparing it with others, maybe seeing someone, and then filing. And then I'm gone run foolishly through the malls, grabbing everything and anything, and spending all of it, and watch it go down the drain too. lol. I'm just kidding... :) I can't wait to do the adult thing and pay off some bills! (The song by Destiny's Child 'Bills, Bills, Bills' just came to mind lol).
Happy Tax Season Everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment