Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Back From Vegas!

The drive to Vegas and back must've been the LONGEST day of my life! lol.  But it was fun!

Our journey started at 4am Sunday morning, we got up, got ready and all jumped in our rental van.  Which I must say we LUCKED out on.  I paid $49 for a full-size car for 2 days, but they only had a Mini-Van available which worked out best for us especially with kids.  :) So thank you Enterprise! :) Once we were all in the van, we said a prayer before we started our journey, and by 5am we were on the road.  My husband drove first, until about 3 hours later, when the sun was up, then I continued the drive to St. George where we stopped for Jack in the Box (of course).

At first the kids, well Kesaia, was a little moody.  She didn't want to sit in her carseat, which is a little shocking because she's usually content sitting in her carseat.  Anyhow, we got to get out of the car for a little bit then continued our drive to Vegas.  Once we hit Cedar City, we switched again and Fehi continued the drive till we got to Vegas.  We got there at about 11am, which was perfect timing because my sister's flight got in at about 11:15am.  My brother was so excited, and he just started taking pictures of EVERYTHING.

After picking up my sister and her bf from the airport, we drove them to get their rental (they're renting a van to drive out to UT and back to Vegas for the seven's) then we picked up a little cousin of ours who lives in Vegas.  Then we stopped at Yoshinoya's to get their Beef Bowls.  I have to admit, that was only my second time eating there, and I had to try it again to see what the hype was about.  And I honestly think it's alright lol. Maybe it's cause my tastebuds are hawaii grown so it just didn't do it for me. lol.

Everywhere we went, my brother was just so ANXIOUS to get to the strip.  He kept asking "are we going to walk to strip? when are we going to the strip?" and blah blah blah lol.  We finally went after eating at Yoshinoya's, and once we parked he basically jumped out of the van, and started walking before we were even all out of the cars. lol.  FYI, he's 21, single, and only saw Vegas once when they drove through.  So he was all kinds of excited lol.  The weather was perfect, but for some reason none of us thought to bring a stroller for the kids, so we had to walk with them, and carry them at times.  It was fun to just see everything, but I told my husband that I could NEVER live there.  There was just too much things out there, if ya know what I mean. lol.

We spent a few hours there, shopped a little bit, ate some more, and my brother basically found somewhere to watch the Super Bowl, while the rest of us (me, fehi, the kids, and my sister and her bf) went back to the vans and took a nap. LOL. Yeah, I know, we're boring and old. lol.  We decided to just take a nap and wait for the single ones to be done with Vegas lol.  We started driving back to Utah at 7pm the same night. So it was a very LONG tiring night. I drove from Vegas to about where we were 170 miles from Salt Lake City, then my husband took over. We were both so tired, and finally got home at almost 3am Monday morning.

It was a nice, quick getaway, but I told my husband, now I know why I work at Delta... so I don't EVER have to drive lol.

Getting' some snacks for our trip to Vegas...
Moe couldn't even put his pizza down for a picture, so he smiled with it in his mouth lol

Kesaia all knocked out...

The Driver (Fehi) and my bro (TJ)

Baby Moe reading/looking at the book while driving :)

Kesaia bored! lol

Las Vegas' Statue of Liberty! 

MGM!

The Strip!

Look at (part) of the roller coaster!

The MGM Lion

1 comment:

  1. wow so fun! even tho sounds like a lot of driving, i'm sure the people you were with made it worth while :) i've never been to vegas! lol so i would probably be like your bro-- take pics of EVERYTHING! but then again, i know how crowded and busy it is, so i'm with you on not wanting to live there EVER. lol. and AMEN to working at delta! LOL

    ReplyDelete