Saturday, February 18, 2012

My Baby Boy turns 3!


Moe at 3 almost 4 months... in his white tux for a wedding line :)
Today, well technically, 3 years ago my contractions were in effect. (Bare with me as I reminisce.. lol) I would've been awake for almost an hour now, trying to pack a hospital bag, shower, make sure my hair was pretty ;) all while breathing through pains I never felt before.  In another hour and 45 minutes we would be on our way to the hospital, and 6 hours from now we would welcome our firstborn Moeakiola Fisilau Latu! :)  I still can't believe it's been 3 years... I've definitely enjoyed that time that I've been able to watch my son grow. :)

The day we found out we were pregnant, we were so excited, and I couldn't believe we were having a child already.  Funny story is I was expecting to get prego right of the spot (tmi) as in our first night as a married couple lol... then I almost cried when I got my "friend" 2 weeks later (after getting married), but that would've been my last "friend" for the year cause 6 weeks later we found out we were expecting. :)
Ahem... Yes I know, we got pregnant 2 weeks after we got married... we wasted no time at all.. lol.. I think it helps that we both KNEW we wanted kids, so... why wait?? lol
Mommy pregnant with Baby Moe (forgot how far along I was)
On February 18th, 2009 we welcome our baby boy.  I remember pushing him, and for a good hour, I wasn't getting anywhere (btw, I went natural.. so an hour of naturally trying to push.. ugh yeah.. u get the idea lol... ouch).  I finally realized that I was pushing all wrong, I was pushing in my face thinking it was translating to "down there" but it wasn't, and finally I pushed "down there" and few minutes later he literally flew outta me. The doctor barely caught him.  But you could see all the evidence in my face of my amateur pushing. lol.

Moeakiola Fisilau Latu
7 lbs 7 oz 21 inches
2/18/09 1:38pm

His name was given to him by his aunty Makueta Maopa Leaaemanu, Fehi's sister.  His first name, Moeakiola, comes from the name of Fehi's only brother (so he's named after Fehi's brother), and his middle name comes from a close relative, almost a brother to Fehi's dad, it's their last name. 


Nana with her first grandchild.
He was only a few days old at this time.



My mom adored him.  She came and spent a few days in Salt Lake City, and I would stay with her at my Uncle's house when she was here (we were still living at Fehi's parents house at the time).






It's been such a blessing to have given an opportunity to create, birth, and raise a child of God.  Baby Moe has been through his fair share of ups and downs (pneumonia 2x, rsv, and hospitalized 2 times, ear tubes surgery, pink eye... ) during his short life here on earth, but he's continued grow and amaze us each day.  Every night he sleeps with me in my bed, because I'm afraid of the day he'll say to me he wants to sleep on his own, then I won't get all the cuddles and hugs that he gives me at night. He's been my partner when daddy worked graves and we've definitely grown a strong bond.  I love you son, and I hope you enjoy your special day today.  This is your first birthday in a house of your own, so what better way to celebrate than having all your family come over and we eat yummy foods, and you get showered with attention, love, and gifts.  We love you son! love -mom & dad (mama & daddy as he would call us)

Enjoy the rest of Baby Moe's baby pictures!!! :)

Aunty Mele meeting her nephew

About 2 months I think ??

First time driving to Vegas at 1 month old
With Nana & Papa
First time in Hawaii





At a birthday Party


First Christmas

 More to come later! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment