Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Baby Kicks & My Vday Love

Before this pregnancy it had been a year and a half since I was pregnant with Kesaia, since I've felt a baby kick.

Lately this baby has been making its presence known. :) A few weeks ago my midwife asked me if I felt the baby kick or move around, and I just said I didn't know because I've been so busy that I didn't notice. Well this weekend and since then "mama's baby" (what the kids call the baby) has been kicking and moving around a lot. I'm only 19 weeks along, but I definitely can feel the movements.

The first time I felt baby moving I was listening to music on my laptop when baby starting moving/kicking like crazy. I told Fehi, and we were both pretty excited, I guess it was another validation that yes there is another little one in there :). Now I've noticed more movement, I think it's just baby's way of making sure we know to prepare for him/her when he/she comes. Lol

In exactly a week we find out what we're having. Im excited and thought about taking the kids with us, but then I rethought that idea and I think I'l leave them home with my brother. They'd be a handful for fehi, and I want him to be able to enjoy the appointment with me.

Anyhow, today is Valentines day, and guess what I'm doing... Getting a Mani and pedi :) that's so my ritual. Today I have to work (boo!) but it's ok cause its just another day. We all should feel inclined love more often than just once a day.

Yesterday my husband decided to let the 2nd job go because it was affecting his performance at his full-time job, school, and it took him away from me and the kids for majority of the day. There were times we'd only see him for a few minutes before he would sleep for only 2/3 hours before going to his grave job. He told me yesterday how nice it felt to be home with us and how much he missed us, cause I know I missed having him around.

My husband is one of those guys who loves to stay at home with his family. He doesn't make plans to go out with his boys/friends because he'd rather be with his family. I appreciate that he's like that, because I'm the same way. He's always doing things to make us happy and always puts us first before anything.

So today I dedicate this special day to my loves: my husband, baby moe, princess Kesaia, and "mama's baby" :) love you!

Have a wonderful valentines today and spread some love!! :)

Getting my toes done :) Vday Morning

Love love love my mani-guy, he has done the best job with my nails in all my fake nail history lol
don't mind the dry hands/fingers lol
Before I went to work I decided to make some red velvet cupcakes from scratch

I ran out of red food coloring.. hence the BRIGHT red color lol

Here's the cupcake with cream-cheese frosting.. and it was YUMMY :)

And here's one of valentines with her mouth stuffed with hershey kisses lol

2 comments:

  1. baby kicks are very exciting :) can you tell from your symptoms what gender you may be having? love it when husbands would rather stay home with the fams instead of going out w the boys to run away from the craziness at home... so sad, i actually know a few. but you are right, it really makes you appreciative and grateful! and girl, i am so with you on the mani/pedi ritual lol. happy valentines to you and your family! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lika! You know this pregnancy is different from the two. It's a mix of the two actually. I'm not as sick as I was with the first, but more than the second... I never had headaches with either one but this pregnancy I do... Appetite is probably the same as it has been for both.. And yeah though my body has had a year and a half break from being pregnant some days I'll be hurting... Or my pelvis will hurt... So I don't even wanna know how it's gonna feel when the baby weight/belly gets bigger and heavier lol anyhow, hope your vday was awesome!! Take care!! :)

      Delete