This post I'm writing on 11/11/11, I probably won't publish it until later. But I wanted to get down in writing, the excitement and gratitude our little family has been feeling. Since my last post about getting pregnant (here) my husband and I decided that we would continue to do what we needed to do, but also put forth the effort in conceiving. All we could hope for was that my "friend" would not come around this month. November 3 (exactly a month from the first day of my LMP) was the day that I was expecting my friend, well not expecting it really (cause I didn't want it) rather I was waiting to see if it would appear. Let me rewind a little bit, a little before halloween we went to the Dollar Tree and I had grabbed a couple of pregnancy tests. I decided to take a test, knowing that whatever the result may be (negative, false negative) that it didn't mean that I wasn't pregnant because I knew it was too early since I hadn't actually missed my period. So after taking the test I seen that it said "negative" but I didn't pay much attention to it cause I knew it was too early, but I was just curious to see if it would turn out positive.
Well November 3rd came and gone. So that was a good thing for me, because I'm never late on my period. So I decided that I would wait at least 5 days before taking a pregnancy test. Well that didn't last long because I woke up the next morning (on November 4th) and decided I wanted to take the test. I went to grab the box under the sink and when I went to grab the test, I noticed it was the test I had already taken. The crazy thing is, when I looked at the test again, it was now positive. I guess I didn't wait long enough for it to show up, but there it was 2 lines. :) I took the second test anyways just as a confirmation, and it did come back positive as well. I was so excited, yet so relieved because we had waited so long and wondered when we were going to get pregnant again. I started crying, and called my husband, who was at work, and when he answered he could hear the different tone in my voice so he asked me what was wrong. And I told him "Babe, I'm pregnant" and you could just feel his smile through the phone.
He told me how excited he was, and how happy he was. I told him not to tell anyone, and that I wouldn't tell anyone, just because of what happened the last time (you can read about it here and here). This time I'm keeping this in our little family, because I want to be able to cherish it. I feel myself more at peace, and not needing to put my pregnancy out there for the world to be part of just yet. This pregnancy is special because it's one we've been waiting since April for, so for about 7 months. I know other women go through much longer times of waiting, but 7 months was long and hard especially with having miscarried. I'm especially grateful for Heavenly Father and his blessings. This trial has really humbled me, it has changed me, and has made me that much more grateful and appreciative of the womanly gifts that I have. Everyday we pray for the safety our family, and especially for the safety and growth of our little one.
The day I decide to announce my pregnancy will probably be after the 1st trimester, maybe when we find out what we're having, unless I start to show before that (I show really quick in the beginning) and people question me lol. I'm just really humbled and want to enjoy this pregnancy, it's amazing that Heavenly Father gives us this gift, to be able to bring another soul into this world. I feel privileged and loved that he would trust me to be a mother to two angels, and now another on the way. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment