Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks: Day of Thanksgiving

So obviously I missed how many days since my last "giving thanks" post and now it's Thanksgiving day, but it's ok.. cause I am truly grateful! Grateful for everything that Heavenly Father has blessed me personally with.

Well my day started at about 7 am this morning.  I decided to get up early and make the cheesecake and get that out of the way because I knew the oven would be occupied with the turkey and what not. So I got up, got the christmas music playing, and off I went to starting our Thanksgiving meal.  The cheesecake took about an hour to bake, and now it has to sit in the fridge for at least 4 hours. Next I made a really simple breakfast of eggs, rice, and sausage. After doing that I started on the beef strew, browning all the meat then getting everything in the pot and now that's in the oven slowly cooking.  I'm really, Really, REALLY debating going to Walmart right now and getting that $40 slow cooker (crock pot).  The only thing stopping me right now is laziness.  I'm ALREADY tired! LOL, and I haven't even started on the Turkey or the stuffing, or the Mash Potatoes and Gravy! (It's gonna be a loooonnng day! lol)

You're probably wondering why I'm starting all my cooking so early and that's because Fehi's family wants to get together at 2 o'clock for a little potluck.  So I'm trying to time everything so that we have most of the food ready about an hour or 2 after we come back from the potluck.  Almost makes me wish there were 2 of me, 1 to go to the potluck, and the other to stay home and cook. But since that's not possible, it's gonna take some good planning so that we'll be able to go enjoy time with his family, yet have our own Thanksgiving dinner on our own.

Nevertheless, I'm very grateful to be able to celebrate today with family.  I know I'll be done of cooking and super tired at the end of the day, but it'll all be worth it! Love my family for eternity!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Family :) Reading your blog made me more hungry lol. Have a great day!! :)

    ReplyDelete