Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Giving Thanks: Day 15 & 16



Day 15:  Day 15 (Tuesday) was a bad day for me, so I'm ESPECIALLY grateful AGAIN (yes 3x times this month!) for my Husband. Remember how I was talking about those headaches, and how they make me sick? Well, yesterday was really REALLY bad.  It felt as if there were like 4 spots in my head that were throbbing, and on top of that, it was making me really sick.  I tried to eat something (fries on our way to school) but that only made it worse.  We have an evening class on Tuesday and Thursdays, and I just laid there.  Our teacher knew I wasn't feeling well at all, so she let me put my head down.  As soon as we were done with school Fehi dropped me off at home so I could try to get some rest while he went and picked up some Tylenol for me and also pick up the kids.   It took him about an hour to do all of that, and when he finally got home I was so relieved and happy to finally take some tylenol.  30 minutes later, I was up and feeling SOOOOO much more better.  I actually was able to eat some toast with butter and jam and then stay up and play with the kids.  Once again, I appreciate my husband so much.  I'm blessed to have him as my eternal companion.  He has definitely helped life my burdens (big and small) and I appreciate it sooo much.


Day 16:  Today I'm grateful to live in Utah.  Believe or not, I am grateful to be starting and raising my family here.  As much as I wish we were in Hawaii with my family, I'm happy to be able to have the ability to raise our children on our own.  I know there are experiences that we would not be able to have if we were home with my family.  Then again, I know there are experiences that we won't be able to have while living in Utah.  Fehi and I know that there's no place like Kahuku.  He wishes that we could move there also, and every time we go home we want to just pack our things and move.  But as soon as come back to Utah, where we have our own house, our own car, jobs that we like, and much cheaper prices, we get a reality check that as far as our little family, Utah is where we need to be.  However, I hope to one day find ourself back home (you know, when the economy is better, and I know we will get stable jobs that will one day afford us a home in Hawaii). Either that, or hopefully my WHOLE family decides they want to move to Utah. For real, that's the real reason. I MISS my family! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment