Okay, so obviously I SUPERLY suck at updating this everyday. But hey, mother of two, full-time student, part-time employee... that excuses me right? LoL.
Day 12: I'm grateful, again, for my HUSBAND. Yes I'm cheating and writing his name down again, because seriously, he deserves the whole month. It's the little things that make me so appreciative of him. Today at work I was starving, came home ate a sandwich, and I started to get a headache. Well for me, headaches make me sick, especially after I eat, so then I wanted to vomit. Instead of going down that road I thought I would take a nap, in hopes that it would make me feel better. What I thought was 20 minutes, was actually a 2 hour nap. My loving husband let his wife sleep for 2 hours, while he stayed up with the kids, even though he had worked his grave shift and had already been up with them while I was at work in the morning (isn't he awesome). Well even after the nap I had, I still wasn't feeling better, and ended up throwing up, which helped my headache just a little, but I was still feeling sick. I was going to go to walmart to get some things to help me, but he insisted he would go and so he went to walmart, grabbed some sprite and pineapple soda (yumm) and a bottle of tylenol for me. He even cleaned while I was cooking, and then he ate dinner, and at 4:30pm he finally went to sleep. I appreciate the little things he does for me, because those little things through out the day, add up to be a lot. He's always helping around the house, he always helps with the kids, watching and feeding, but most importantly playing with them. He rarely gets upset or angry about anything, which helps keep the spirit so strong in our home. He always inspires me to do better, and he's always, always, ALWAYS, thinking of others before himself. That's why I LOVE and appreciate him sooo much. :)
Day 13: I'm grateful for blessings that come about when you pay tithing! Let me tell you! Between Fehi's job and mines, we don't make a lot, but we make enough. We aren't able to save as much as we like, between rent and bills, but we are able to make ends meet. Last week friday Fehi got paid, I had figured that we could possibly have a little extra out of his check, but we still were budgeting pretty tightly. Come to find out with all our bills we would have to use his WHOLE check (sucks!). But we figured, it would be ok cause I knew I was getting paid today (Monday), however, I thought my check would be maybe only $200 or so, cause I only work 16 hours a week. Well to my surprise I got pay way more than I thought, including a $100 bonus, which means we have extra cash for those just in case moments, and to carry us into thanksgiving as well as until next pay day. I know with out a doubt it's because the Lord is helping us through our faith in paying tithing. Seriously, I've seen what happens when you don't and do pay tithing, and let's just say I NEVER want to be on the side of not paying tithing.
Day 14: Today I'm grateful for friends. Not just any friends, but real true friends. The kind of friends that you can still call up, even if it's been weeks or months, and you just pick off right where you left off. The type of friends, that you can count on, no matter what. I've made new friends, lost some old ones, but there's always been a group of girls that have always been there. I'm grateful for my "wolfpack" girls. They know who they are, and I'm grateful to know that after 25 years, most of us are still great friends! LOVE you girls!!!




oh i love this post, lani! especially about tithing-- sooooo true! i wrote a post about that a while back. i have a strong testimony of tithing and the blessing that come by doing so! i am loving all your thankful posts!!
ReplyDeleteI love your blog Lani! Don't know what took me so long to follow. You are such a sweetheart :)
ReplyDelete