This year we had planned to go to Hawaii for Halloween, but because I couldn't find enough coverage for my shifts we decided to stay, which I'm not too mad about. See, I wanted to take the kids to Hawaii to have a
warm Halloween because these past few years have been either rainy or snowy (or both) and too cold to take the kids out in the neighborhood. So then we opted for going trick or treating at the malls, which I
really don't like. You don't get nearly as good "quality" candies as you would get if you trick-or-treated in the neighborhoods (like king size candy bars! lol) But this year it was abnormally warm! and I LOVED it! And this was the first year we actually all dressed up. After work I went to walmart and grabbed a few things to make goodie bags for the kids (fehi's nieces and nephews). I bought little vampire teeth, and glow sticks, some activity books and pencils for the older kids, some little bracelets for the girls, and spider rings too. I wanted a nice little name tag to attach to their goody bags, and I found this template online (sorry, I forgot the website.. but I'll definitely look for it and post it later..)
 |
| Here's the template I found and downloaded |
 |
I printed them on paper and pasted them to index cards, and then pasted their names onto it as well |
 |
Tied the goodie bags and the name tags together with raffia and then put some of those spider rings on as well. |
The kids really liked the bags, especially the fact that they had glow stick necklaces in there as well. We went to fehi's childhood neighborhood (glendale) and met up with his brothers and sisters to trick-o-treat around the neighborhood. We were like an hour and a half late from the time we were suppose to meet, and that's because we were getting ready. Lol. I still wore my witch costume, and Fehi upped his "Jason" costume. Lol. Here's pictures from our night.
 |
I changed Kesaia's costume as well. She had 3 this year lol. Here I just dressed her up in her little pink tutu and my sister in law had pink wings that she let her use. |
 |
| I sprayed my hair orange to match my orange stockings lol |
 |
Latu Family Halloween 2011!!! Fehi put painted his face, and we found an old shirt that he cut up and used powder foundation to make dirt spots and my red nail polish to make it look like "blood" on his shirt as well lol |
 |
| He really did scare a few people on Halloween night lol |
Overall, this year's halloween was a blast, except for the fact that I wore the exact same thing I wore to work, boots (with heels) and all... so my feet were hurtin that night! But it was still very fun. Kids enjoyed it, and the adults enjoyed it as well. There was a house that had their kids dressed up as zombie's, and the husband was the real Jason. The kid zombies crawled on the floor, followed you and all. Then you met up with a lady who had a black mask over her face, so you really couldn't see her face at all, and she said she wanted you to sing a song. So everyone sang a song, then she gave you a king size candy bar! However, the best part of my night was one of the members of my old ward, made indian fried bread with sugar on top and hot chocolate! You know we sat there for some time. Lol. Before we left the house for the night we left a big bowl of candy outside our doorstep, but I forgot to put a sign up that said "Please take only one", so when we got home the whole thing was gone! Of course, that was expected, I just hope all the kids got to get some, that not just one kid dumped the whole thing in their bag. Anyhow, excited for next year Halloween! I'm definitely thinking of a themed halloween for our family! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment