So in Sunday School we had a lesson, and we looked at a scripture in James that talked about finding joy through afflictions. Our teacher asked us what we do when we find ourselves in an obstacle, and he brought up an example of his kids. He explained how he has 6 kids, and raising them brought some "afflictions" but it's how you respond to it, your attitude towards the affliction that counts, having patience also. He explained how if his kids spilled milk on the couch, bed, floor, whatever, he would remember that it's ok just grab something, help them clean it up and it's like brand new... "joy through affliction."
So after this lesson, we've been trying to take a new look on things, especially when dealing with our children; trying to be more patient with them. This morning as my husband dropped me off at work, he was talking about how tired he was (he hadn't slept at all Sunday, then he worked his grave shift and now he had to watch the kids till I get home around noon) so he was debating whether he would just park the car at home, leave the heater on and sleep in the car, since the kids were already asleep in their carseats. I mentioned to him, to just go home and put them in the room with him, and lock it. So on to work I go, I call him around 10:45a.m. to let him know to be on his way to pick me up, and he tells me he just woke up not too long ago and the kids made a mess. I had to question him, and I said.. "you mean, you've been sleeping this whole time since I've been at work??" and he just laughed and said "Yeah babe.. and the kids made a mess.. but babe remember joy through affliction." LOL. I couldn't help but laugh, so I just said "Ok, just be on your way, and I'll look at it when I get home."
When he pulls up to pick me up, I had to fix Kesaia's belt on her carseat, so I grab her and he tells me she's wet. I feel her clothes and it's damp, and she has black marks on her face and hands, as well as toilet paper pieces in her hair. LOL. I look across to baby moe, he's only in his diaper and has black marks on his body, as well as blue smeared marks. I just start to laugh and I tell Fehi, ok you could've put some warms clothes on him (it's cold hello) and he says well, I wanted you to see what is on him. OH and he had pieces of toilet paper in his hair as well. LOL.
So we're practicing "joy through affliction" and we're just really laughing about it all the way home. As soon as we get home, I notice there's blue marks all over our dark brown couches, I guess they got into my drawer with my makeup and such (they played with the blue eyeshadow). And then I see a tube of mascara open on the floor, which explains the black marks on them. Then the bathroom... oh the bathroom.. why does it have to be their favorite place to play in?? Correction: why does the TOILET have to be their favorite place to play in?? They had thrown the whole roll of toilet paper in the toilet (our last one too lol), as well as one of those big sponges, our brush, comb, and I think our toothbrush (which is now in the trash). Then I notice baby moe's pajamas in the tub, he took it off after wetting it by playing with the toilet. LOL.
My kids crack me up, there's NEVER a dull moment with them. Though they may do some crazy things, we LOVE them and appreciate their fun loving little bodies. :)
![]() |
| I think I need one of these hanging on the door of my house before people walk in LOL |


No comments:
Post a Comment