Thursday, November 17, 2011

Taking It One Day At A Time



You know when things seem to get so hectic, and it seems like the long list of "to-do's" just keep growing, I have to pause for a second and be thankful for all I have. This week we got news that we would be re-bidding our shifts at Delta.  It kind of sucks, ok, I lie, it really sucks.  I've gotten really comfortable in my schedule, working up at the C concourse in the morning, and I've gotten to know my team and I don't want it to change.  But for whatever reason, they decided to make all 98 of us re-bid so we could add in 12 more people.  Doesn't make much sense to me, but it's whatever.  Oh and btw, I'm number 106 of 110. LOL. Yeah my seniority sucks, but I'm just grateful to still have a job, a wonderful job that allows me to have the benefits that I have.  I'm hoping that I'll still be able to get my same shift, as long as I don't have to end up at ticket counter, especially with all these winter bags (skis, snowboards, etc.) I definitely don't want to be lifting all of that.  Also, we have our school schedule for next semester almost set.  We were trying to take all our classes on Tuesday-Thursday, because let's face it, with my seniority I highly doubt I'll get any other days off but Tuesday-Thursday.

And since I'm on the topic, it's a little hectic figuring out our school schedule.  I just realized that it's actually really hard to get into an evening class.  It seems like most of the evening classes go first before morning classes, and that's probably because the students are like us, we have jobs and other things to take care of in the morning.  So we were suppose to take our Biology class this semester, but now it seems we'll have to drop that and take a math class.  At SLCC, if you don't take a math class every year, until you are done with your math classes, you'll have to take a test and pass it to see which math class you'll go in (kind of like the placement test).  So we have to drop the biology class, and now we're taking math, psychology (yes again lol) and english.  Lately I've been thinking about how long it'll take us to get this nursing degree.  There's a few classes you have to take before you can even apply to the program.  And we've been taking prereqs this whole time, so that we can take those classes.  Now, only next semester will we start on 1 of those 5 classes.  It just seems like it'll take us forever, I even told my husband last night that I was rethinking doing nursing.  I just told him about how long I feel it's gonna take, and it only gets harder each semester as we juggle work schedules, class schedules, and especially figuring out who will watch our children.  We could take classes separately, but we don't want to, we want to do it together.  I did apply for childcare assistance, but we found out that they only give assistance for times when your work schedule overlaps.  Well that doesn't do me much good. LOL.  They are looking into it, and hopefully we'll get something for when we go to school. My husband did reassure me that we are making the right choice.  Thought it'll get tough, and we may have some extra planning to do, we are doing what's right, especially with the field we've decided to go into.

No matter the circumstances, I keep thinking about the Lord and my faith in him.  He's helped us out this far, and I need to continue to have faith that things will work out.  They always have.  It's all about taking it one day at a time, it seems that if I do that, things don't seem as stressful or hectic and we seem to work things out fairly well.  I know something will work out for us, the Lord knows how important it is for our kids to be safe and cared for properly, and also how important it is for us to finish our schooling.  With changes comes growth, and I know we will continue to be strengthened through all this. :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you are superwoman! Work, school, mom, wife.....a woman's work never ends does it! :) I think its awesome that u can go to school together with your husband....he's right, you're doing the right thing and everything will fall into place. Hang in there girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right there with you on this!! I totally know what you're going through and what you are dealing with right now! Two kids, school, and work. (Although we don't necessarily "work", football counts as Spencer's work and Nonosina counts as my work). It is hectic, but somehow someway we get through it and we survive! We can do it!! You guys can do it!! Just keep up the faith like you said. Heavenly Father has never let us down and has never given up on us. He has always blessed us immeasurably and we are so grateful. He is obviously doing the same for you guys! I feel like I can relate to so many things that you write about, so keep it up!! :)

    ReplyDelete