So we are now back from our little vacation in Hawaii. And can I tell you, it was awesome! While we were there, we went and did some shopping, got all the little candies and treats that friends requested, and then we had a little bbq at my house. Another thing I love about Hawaii, you can bbq whenever you like! lol. When we pulled up to the house, my kids were in their diapers, while they took turns going on bike rides with Aunty Chelly.
Sunday was Bess's birthday, so she came over later and we hung out. We bbq'd again, and had some yummy pork chops, chicken, redondo hot dogs, and short ribs. We ate until we were full and then ate again! lol. Our original plan was to leave back to Utah on Monday night, but I convinced hubby for us to stay just a little bit longer. So on Monday we went to town, cruised a little bit at Ala Moana Center (the mall), and then did some shopping at Ross in Kaneohe. Saw a really good friend there, she was also visiting from Arizona, so it was nice to catch up and meet her little daughter. After our little shopping trip we went home, and knocked out.
On Tuesday, we went to Hukilau beach. It was SOOOO nice to go swimming, because for some reason whenever we come to Hawaii we NEVER go swimming. Baby Moe loved the beach, not so much being in the water, but he loved playing on the sand, and throwing sand at us. Kesaia on the other hand, wasn't feeling too well anyways so she hated it. She busted out in hives, we weren't too sure if it was an allergic reaction to something or what. But it never really went away, even as we boarded the plane she still had red spots everywhere, but what's weird is the closer we got to the mainland, the better she got. Now we're home in Utah, and she's back to normal! lol. We sooo need to get her body use to Hawaii. lol. (Anyways, back to the beach...) Moe had lots of fun, and I'm glad he did. We swam for about an hour, and then left because they were getting cold.
Later on that day Fehi and I went on a date (we always go on one when my mom comes to town, or when we are in Hawaii, just cause we have lots of babysitters lol). We went and ate at the new "Island Feast" (formerly known as Gateway) at PCC. Let me tell you, the building itself is BEAUTIFUL and HUGE! And the food was awesome! If you are looking for good polynesian food, at a buffet, there you go! Of course, I would add in more Hawaiian food, like lomi lomi salmon, chicken long rice, lau lau, etc. But that's just me ;) lol. We had a little (or a lot) of everything. And then afterwards we watched the nighshow (again lol). We loved it though, especially just having "us" time.
Hawaii is always the "refresher" for me. It's like a reset button, I come there relax, and then head back home and get back into mode. I love it, and will ALWAYS want to go back. One of these days, I hope we find ourself there permanently. :)
Btw, pics coming soon!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment