Friday, October 28, 2011

Our First Holiday Season in Our Own Home!

So this year is our first year in our own house during the Holidays (I'm sure I've told you that before lol).  I've been telling Fehi all the things I would like to do, and how I want to start our own traditions.  It sucks just a little because we haven't gotten into Halloween this year, which is ok, but once Thanksgiving and Christmas rolls around you bet my house will just be filled with the holiday spirit.  We've been talking a little bit about what will be on our menu for thanksgiving, and since I've been into cooking and baking we'll most likely try a few new and different recipes.  So far for our menu, we have lusipi (a must), hopefully some ufi, turkey (of course), mash potatoes, gravy, stuffing (homemade), maybe a homemade peach cobbler or apple pie, some kind of chicken (GOTTA have my chicken) and everything else that we come up with.

I've also been debating whether I wanted to get a real Christmas tree this year, or one of those really nice big ones from Costco (lol).  All I know is I need one by Thanksgiving.  I told Fehi that I wanted to start a tradition of putting up our tree and decorations the night of thanksgiving.  There's just so many things I want to do with my little family I wish I had the means and time to do it all! However, I know over the years it'll get better and better.  I already plan to buy next years Halloween decorations as soon as this Halloween holiday is over, you know, when prices fall and everything Halloween goes on sale.  I will be dressing up with my kids as well, which I haven't done yet, and hopefully I can get Fehi to dress up, especially since this year it seems like we'll have a warmer Halloween than usual.

I just have so much gratitude for all that Heavenly Father has blessed my little family with.  As you know we're still trying to make our family a little bit bigger (not like pants size lol) but even though we aren't there yet, we have so much faith and love for our father in Heaven, and we know one way or another we'll continue to bring children to this earth.  I'm excited for the holidays, and can't wait to share these special times with my family.  (Oh! A story just popped up in my mind...) One day while we were going to Walmart, and we were listening to music on the radio, Fehi said "you know what.. I want to play something else.." then he goes to his iPod.  Next I hear Christmas music playing, and I just smiled.  He knows me so well, and knows how to make me smile.  Have a great Halloween everyone! :)

2 comments:

  1. how nice. I love this time of year too..so much fun! I can't wait til we have a house. I'm so tired of moving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots and lots of traditions to create when your kids are small. The good 'ol debate of whether to get real or fake. We've done both. At the very beginning we went with real. That was cool 'cause the house smelled like pine. However, getting it to balance right was a task and remembering to water it. Yeah, another one at hand. One year I didn't pay attention and somehow I thought it was balanced. We were leaving the house and as I glanced at our front window, I could see the tree was slanted. Yeah, not cool. Lol. Since then, I bought a fake one - a nice big fake one. In fact, we have like 2-3 Christmas trees. One for the front living room, one for the family room and then the 3rd for our basement whenever it will get done. Lol at my novel, like you wanted to know, but just thought I'd share. Good luck with whatever you choose. Oh and smart decision on buying the holiday items after. It's a great way to stock up on your decor every year.

    ReplyDelete