Anyhow, yesterday was a day fullll of baking. Me and husband were helping a friend out with his fundraiser, so I baked chocolate chip banana bread with walnuts for him to sell. I made about 90 banana bread (including the ones I made this morning). I've never made so much of anything like that at one time. I was soooo tired too because like I mentioned, I've been in gate training for Delta. So this week was a full work week for me. On thursday we had training from 8-3pm, and then we voted on coming back at 12am to finish off training at the airport. What was suppose to be only 4 hours, turned into 6 hours (don't you love that lol) and so i got home at 630am and went right into mashing banana's, and baking the loaves. So from 7am till 7pm at night I was baking banana bread. Talk about overkill. lol. Anyhow, today is my day off and tomorrow is my first day at the gates. I wanted to do something fun today, then I looked out the window, looked alright, opened the window, closed it and decided we'll do something fun at home. lol. (Just another perk to having your own place.. u can have stay at home activities!) Well, I'm still waiting to do just that. lol.
Moving on.. I got sidetracked and just decided that I want to cut my hair. If you don't know my hair story.. then I'll tell you.. I have dry, frizzy, nappy hair. Before, I would ALWAYS straighten my hair. I even invested in a CHI and used it for like 4 years until the plug went out on me. Well I survived throughout fall and winter without really straightening my hair.. which in returned allowed me to get use to my own hair, and I loved it. My hair doesn't grow very fast, so it was just nice for it to have been at the length it was when it was curly.
| This was a year ago, when I was getting use to my natural hair (and I was wayyy skinnier then.. lol.. Ugh) |
| This was in January of this year (I believe) and it was full, curly, but manageable... and I was still skinnier lol |
| Here you can see my "red" (reddish brown) streaks.. and the forming of my double chin.. ugh! lol |
Then in March (or was it April.. I think it was April) I had a face-to-face interview with Delta Airlines, and I didn't think it was appropriate to walk in for an interview with my hair looking like that. Usually I dye my hair using Ganier Nuctrisse products like this one, but this one stinking time (in how many years of using Ganier) I used a Clairol product, but I had to dye my hair twice to get rid of the red and brown in my hair. Yes I know it totally fried my hair, but I know if I had stuck to my usual, Garnier, it most likely wouldn't have turned out like this...
![]() |
| In May when I started training with Delta.. This is my hair after it dried up with conditioner in it... and I gained a little weight here.. hehe |
![]() |
| This was actually before I started at delta in May.. As you can tell my hair went flat and just wavy looking... |
But now it's shorter.. and I'm fatter (just thought I'd throw that in there lol) and yeah, I miss my hair. I wonder though, you always hear about women going through hair changes when they're pregnant or whatever. Well I know I'm not pregnant but still, maybe my hormones is catching up the hair part of the pregnancies before. lol. Idk. I think I'm talking to much about my hair, but I just thought I'd share.. cause it's my blog and I can. lol.
So thanks for reading, hope you gained something from it today! lol. Good day ya'll! ;)



I like reading your blog, it's just like having a conversation with you and I miss that :) I've been dying to do something with my hair lately too! Its down to my butt now and I'm too lazy to straighten it so I think if I got a hair cut it would give me the motivation haha. Plus I want some bangs!
ReplyDeleteJust got caught up on ur blog. I like reading it and I like how personal u are. Good luck with the baby making!! And hey, at least u can have fun trying, right?! ;) And daaaang thats a lot of hair stories for one person! lol. Anyways...keep up the blogging. i sooo love it waaaaay more than facebook. its not even a question. seriously!
ReplyDeletehahaha love it! I love blogging to cause you can talk about whatever you want and feel! Right on girl!
ReplyDeleteI DEFINITELY do love blogging (much better than facebook), and being able to keep up with everyone else and make new friends (monica!) :) Thanks girls! :)
ReplyDeleteI did not know your hair was that curly, it's beautiful! I'm glad you are part of the blogging world, it's fun isn't it!! :)
ReplyDeletediana- Yess it is... or it WAS very curly hahahahha... and yes blogging is very fun! :)
ReplyDelete