Monday, October 3, 2011

Weaning and things...

Well, we are now we're back in the swing of things and we've both been working trying to catch up with all we missed. I've also been trying to wean Kesaia. She's now 18 months and I'm ready to stop. So tonight is actually day 2 or night 2 of weaning, and surprisingly she's not acting like she did last night, she's just curled up in my arms and closing her eyes, trying to sleep (let's hope I don't jinx myself lol). Last night was a different story, she kicked and screamed then knocked out (probably from being so tired from her crying) then she woke up 5 hours later, nkicked and screamed again then slept for another 4 hours. I think she is understanding now that I wont be bfing her anymore. The decision to stop basically came down to one thing... her teeth. I endured most of her biting, but the last time was a bleeder and that's when I knew I needed to be done. I do have to say, I loved bfing, and shes very healthy because of it. I've only bf my kids and so I wouldn't even know where to start with formula feeding, but to be honest, I wouldn't do it. I plan to bf all my children, its something only I can give to my kids, and thats starting them on the right path to a healthy life. Anyhow, didn't mean to go all preachy on ya (can you blameme? I was a breastfeeding peer counselor once upon a time lol)... But I'm happy to say now at the end of me writing this blog, my daughter has fallen asleep on her own!!! Woo-hoo!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment