Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Vacay is done.. now back to Life!

Yesterday (Monday) evening we finally returned from Hawaii.  I have been off from work since Christmas Day, and have been in Hawaii since New Years Eve.  It was such a WONDERFUL break, and I'm grateful for my co-workers who were able to work with me and cover my shifts for 3 weekends in a row. While we were there we did a lot of eating, swam only for one day (it's a little bit colder now) and we spent a lot of time with my family. Monday the 9th Fehi had to return back to SLC cause he was due into work the next day, Tuesday the 10th.  Flights were horrible, so we camped all day and found a one way ticket to Seattle for $200 on Alaska Airlines, then from Seattle he flew Delta back to SLC. So because the flights were full, and I was going to be traveling by myself with the 2 kids, I decided to extend so that my mom could possibly fly with me on the weekend. Then I just decided to extend my trip to Sunday the 15th, and ended up flying with the kids by myself.

Luckily the flight with the kids was a good one, except for my back (and okole) hurting.  My son knocked out the whole flight, as soon as he sat down. And Kesaia knocked out as well, but because she was feeling sick, and probably uncomfortable (like I was) from me holding her, she would wake up every now and then, cry for a few seconds, until I readjusted her then she was fine. The flight to SFO was only 4 hours 40 minutes, but every hour I looked at the time, and wished it was over. I was grateful I didn't have screaming kids, but I had wished I booked a third seat for Kesaia to sit on, rather than me holding her. Can you imagine when I have to fly with 3 kids?!?! I don't know how I'll do that.  lol.

As soon as we landed in SFO, I called my husband and asked him to fly over to SFO and meet me so we could fly back together.  He got on the first flight, and then we flew back on the 1pm flight out of SFO to SLC. It was nice to see him, especially since we hadn't been away from each other since Moe was like 4 months old.  The kids were of course excited to see him, but we were both just so exhausted and ready to come home.

Since going to Hawaii, we've had a lot to ponder, and we've come to an agreement that we one day want to move to Kahuku. I don't know when, but I do know we have a lot of things to take care of and consider before we move.  Some may think we're crazy to go from living on our own (in a house) to moving in with my grandparents, but I told my husband that when I moved away from home almost 5 years ago, I never knew I was moving for good. I also never thought I'd have and raise my kids by ourselves. I've always imagined being in Kahuku, and with my mom and siblings, and grandparents around to help out.  That's what was nice being home, was all the help I was getting.  I do have to admit, it made me a little lazy, but it was just so nice :). Hopefully we'll figure out a plan, and get moved there in a couple years.  I want our own house there, so I hope that's a realistic plan for us also. :)

4 comments:

  1. I think that's a great plan, it's always nice to be around family. & who wouldn't wanna live in Hawaii??? Lol...I'm glad u guys had a great trip/vacay...lucky!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dianna! and btw I just deleted my FB so text me if u wanna go walking sometime! LOL

      Delete
  2. I've flown w my 3 kids by myself a lot. It's so hard! You should see the looks I get! Lol. I'm always sweating too.. I swear! On the way back.from Hawaii, Inoke rode in first class and I sat in the very back row w all 3 kids by myself. Messed up huh? Haha its ok. I told him he could. He gets way too impatient w the kids and all stressed out. I've flown w em tons.. so I was like, "WHATEVER!" I wish I could live in Kahuku!! I Love it there! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm surprised at how well they actually did.. then again it was hard work to keep them up all day so they would knock out. lol. It would've been better if I got Kesaia her own seat, so next time I need to FOR SURE do that! lol.. and psht.. fehi will NEVER sit in first class until we ALL sit there HAHAHAHa.. nah jk, even if I tried, especially now being pregnant, he wouldn't do it.. LOL. and let's all move to kahuku?? LOL :)

      Delete