Sunday, June 10, 2012

36 Weeks & Braxton Hicks


35 Weeks Pregnant.. Belly Bump
So tomorrow I'm officially 36 weeks pregnant! I still can't believe that I'm ALMOST there, but I'm very very excited. At my last appointment (last Tuesday) my midwife measured my belly, and confirmed that baby's head down and feels about 6 lbs right now to her. I also gained 2 pounds, making it a total of 9 pounds this pregnancy. I had talked with my midwife about my weight gain not really sure if it was something to be concerned about or not. I mean I know technically (according to US/palagni standards) I'm obese lol but I've never gained such little weight. My last two pregnancies I would gain somewhere between 20-30 pounds, but she assured me that I was ok and because I actually am "obese" (no she didnt say that to me lol) I'm not suppose to gain as much and am on track for my pregnancy as far as weight gain. So yay for that, I guess (except the obese part lol).

This pregnancy has treated me very well, and I'm glad I've still been able to have the energy and stamina to keep up with my kids and work. Last week Friday I finally went over to seven peaks (salt lake city) to take my kids. The waterpark is across the street from my in-laws house, yet I've never been there. So Friday I met up with my sister in law and her little family and we had a blast. My kids LOVED it! This was their first time going to an actual waterpark so I was glad to be able to take them. Fehi had to work (boo) but he made sure to stress the importance of keeping his kids safe lol. He was so worried about them, about us, and the fact that Im pregnant and taking our kids to the waterpark. He asked me to buy them floaties for their arms and other stuff as well. I thought it was so cute how he was concerned, and it's understandable lol so I did what he asked and got them floaties for their arms and swim shoes so they wouldn't slip or fall on anything, and then when we got there I put life jackets on them as well, so I was pretty confident that they would be ok. We had TONS of fun and my belly and back was loving the water as well. :)

We stayed there for like 5 hours and afterwards we picked up Fehi from work. I was so tired and had to sleep for work the next morning and so I tried to sleep but couldn't. Around 1 in the morning I started getting those bloody Braxton hicks contractions (lol) and they lasted until 6 in the morning! They weren't super painful or anything, but more so irritating because I knew I had to get some kind of rest before getting up at 330am to get ready for work at 430am. By 230am I was even more irritated and even more tired because they didn't go away. Those Braxton hicks contractions were coming what seemed like every 4-5 minutes and they were starting to hurt my back. So around 230am Fehi told me I should call in sick to work and so I decided to do that. And I'm glad I did because I didnt get any kind of sleep and I would'nt have been able to function at work.

So finally at 6am I knocked out and I didn't feel anything else the rest of the day. Then at night (last night) they started to come back again. I was hoping they'd die down, and they did (thank goodness) and I was able to get a good maybe 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep (thanks to my hubby). So this morning at work I was ok, but I'm still 36 weeks pregnant and right now with summer travel it's getting pretty busy. For the last 2 weeks they have been putting me at Kiosk Assist, which works out for me because I'm not lifting as much bags, but since numbers have been big and they need more help at baggage drop, they've been sticking me there this week. And baggage drop is a killer (pregnant or not) because your tagging and lifting bags nonstop. I've been debating on leaving on my maternity leave early and I would always say that I'd just work until I give birth, but I decided to just talk to my midwife and ask for a note to excuse me from work. I talked to my Redcoat about it as well and she was cool about it and said I needed to take care of myself and baby first and that Delta will always be there. She said its gonna be busy with summer travel picking up and that they have to have more people at baggage drop because of it. And though they probably would rather I not be a baggage drop, they can't help it because they need the people there... And I totally understand that, and don't mind it. But it does take a toll on my body, especially when I don't get good rest. And last night was actually considered good rest lol.

So I'm pretty happy with the decision to go on my leave early. I just hope that my midwife agrees. I think it'll be good as well to be able to have one on one time with two little ones before the baby comes and takes most of my attention away from them. And it'll be nice to NOT have to wake up at 3 in the morning, and also not get weird looks when the passenger sees a pregnant women lifting their 50 pound bags lol. So wish me luck! :)

Pictures from this week:


Kids keeping me busy while getting an oil change

Little miss cheesy smile! lol

Moe showing me his toy and kesaia pretending to eat with her spoon lol

Playing with the water beach ball again

Love it when daddy is off from work = Family time!

Knocked out after having fun with daddy

She was out too! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment