Monday, June 18, 2012

Fathers Day

There's a few in my life that I consider my "father". And then of course there is my actual father.

So I'll start with my grandpa (moms dad) Enele Ongoongotau.



What can I say about this man, he has been everything to me and my siblings. He has always been the Priesthood in our family, and he's always filled in those spots that my dad lacked in. Even till this day, though I'm married and moved away from home, he always makes sure that I'm ok. When we first moved into this house he and my grandma came over and watched the kids while we moved everything. Then before he left he made sure that all was in order, that we had electricity and water running.

When my kids were babies, he was always carrying them and walking them around. He would even wake up and feed them if they were awake so that I could sleep in.  When I had my miscarriage he was so worried about me, and even now that I'm pregnant again he tells me I need to take at least a 2 year break after this one because of how I had a miscarriage.

My grandpa is my hero and I can't imagine my life without him. He's such a hard worker.  He also still goes to his farm everyday and works hard all day to provide food that we all enjoy.  And though he's retired he still volunteers at PCC and works at the temple often, and he never misses his opportunity to do so.  Just the other week I had asked him to fly with my little sister up here to Utah, and he said he couldn't because he had to work at PCC the next day, and also at the temple before that. lol.  He's such a faithful man, and I love his great example he sets for all of us.  

- - - - -

Then there's my own father Talanoa Manu-Olevao.



It's funny because growing up a lot of people didn't even know I had a dad. My dad was different, he kept to himself and wasn't very social. Though our relationship is a little rocky right now, I do appreciate the fact that he gave me life, however I think my dad was one of those guys who shouldn't have gotten married at a young age. I do have to say though that I really was daddy's little girl growing up.  He would always sneak me an extra $5 whenever we had allowance, and I was always the one wanting to eat with him.  Which is one of the tongan superstitions... Eating your dad's leftovers gives you white hairs.. and boy do I have a lot of white hair lol.  He really is a loving and kind person.. and I know he loves us kids but he just has a lot of things to deal with personally.
- - - - -

Then there's the love of my life... My husband and father to my kids Fatafehi Fakanaanaa Latu.



He is everything that I wish I had for a father. He is patient, loving, kind, and so tender with our kids. There are times that I feel like he should be the stay at home parent and I should be the one working cause my kids LOVE when he's home. Lol. He always tells our kids that he loves them and I know without a doubt that our kids will know it as they grow.

For fathers day we took him to his favorite restaurant... Texas Roadhouse! He at first said we didn't need to go there, and that he would just eat chicken at home, but then we convinced him otherwise lol. He's just that type of person though, not wanting anything special or expecting anything. I'm very appreciative of my husband and all that he does for our family.  I couldn't have asked for a better father to my kids, and a better husband and eternal companion.

I hope all the fathers out there has a wonderful Daddy's day! And also to the mothers who are daddy's as well! 😊

1 comment: