Wednesday, June 20, 2012

37 Weeks & Nesting

This week marks 37 weeks of this pregnancy... which means I'm officially full-term and all is good to go with this little guy if he decides to come. *hint hint* Please come soon! lol. Here's a few things going on with my pregnancy:



-Belly is getting bigger and heavier, or at least it feels that way.

-Good sleep is harder to get these days, especially with a 3 year old and 2 year old always wanting to sleep right up against me. So I'm constantly moving through out the night trying to find a comfortable spot for my belly and back. 

-Weight gain has picked up dramatically. As in I gained 4 pounds within a week (wth!) lol.  My midwife says she thinks it's all water weight especially with it being summer time and what not, and also that this baby is gaining 1/2 a pound a week. I hope she's right, though I haven't gained nearly as much weight as I did with the last two, I still wanted to keep the weight gain at a max of like 15 pounds this pregnancy. 

- Appetite hasn't changed much either, I still don't have a lot of cravings or have the desire to eat a lot.  I probably eat one real meal a day and then some snacks.  However, I drink A LOT and have picked up on another habit again... chewing ice! Throughout the day I think I probably get up to a total of at least 4 big full cups of ice and a drink (my fave right now is strawberry lemonade)... and I'll sit and drink and chew on ice.  Sometimes I'd rather do that then eat an actual meal. 

- Last but not least... I'm in full on NESTING mode!!!

- - - - -

I've definitely been (and probably have been for a while) in the nesting stage.  I'm constantly cleaning and organizing my house trying to get everything ready before this baby comes.  It's probably been a week since I've taken my kids to the park (sad I know) but it's only because I keep wanting to clean and organize rather than go out. Today I pulled out the baskets with all of Baby Moe's old baby clothes to pull out all the newborn clothing for the baby.  And boy do we have a lot of clothing for him, so I'm pretty sure we won't need to buy anything more for him.  I've sorted everything out and am now washing all of the clothing, now where to put it, I have no idea, but I'm glad that's one thing I'm getting out of the way.

On Saturday I finally organized the kids room... It had been in such a mess for months (yes months) and I wanted to organize and clean it so that they would want to go in there more often, and hopefully sleep in there soon.  So I was only suppose to clean and organize it, and ended up painting the room too. lol.  Here's pics of the kids room:

The BEFORE
This is seriously how the room would look like for months... whenever I'd clean up their
clothes and toys they'd pull everything out of the drawers and throw it everywhere. 

After cleaning up everything off the floors (so we could actually see the floor) I then
moved all the drywall and stuff out of the room.  Yes, we used this room as storage too lol.

The AFTER
Here the room is painted and I was waiting for it to dry. 
Bed is back in place.. and we can see the floor! LOL!
Still organizing their closet...  
Miss Kesaia messing with the light switch...
Toys are in one area versus being everywhere.  The kids know that at
the end of the day they have to put their toys back in this spot.
I think I finished the kids room in like 4 hours from start to finish. I really don't advise painting a room while 37 weeks pregnant, because I paid for it later (body was in pain from all the getting up and down) but I'm glad that I was able to finish it for my kids.  They actually go in there more often and play with their toys, and they don't mess it up like how they use to before.  Now my next goal is to get them to sleep in there.  I want to find some toddler beds for them (because obviously that day bed is too big for them right now) and then get their favorite cartoon/characters in a bedding set for them. My little sister should be here this weekend also, so I'm gonna have her sleep in there with them as well to get them use to sleeping away from me. 

I've also (for the millionth time) reorganized our bedroom as well.  I've been trying to de-clutter everything and make room for the baby.  So I went through everything in our room, taking out all of the kids stuff and putting it in their room, and then moving things around to make it more spacious in our room.  Now that I'm content with our room, and the kids room I moved to the living room. lol. I told my husband that we needed to move the couches that are upstairs to the downstairs living room, and vice versa.  Obviously I won't be doing it, but it'll need to get done before this baby comes. 

I still have a TON of laundry to do, because I swear every piece of clothing we own needs to be washed lol, and so that's my goal for this week. I've already started washing all the baby's clothes, but I still have lots more to do. My poor kids are probably dying to go out and have some fun, but for now I have a lot to do... we'll probably go swimming on Friday when the hubs is off. :) 

Now back to nesting mode... :)


Just some pics of my little princess from this week ... She's always ready for the camera... lol



Here she is with me at my midwife appointment yesterday (6/19/12).
I always plan on going by myself but somehow always end up taking her with me. lol.


3 comments:

  1. You look great Lani! :) as well as your organized home all ready for baby to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lani, you are absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you sound JUST like me when I was at the end of pregnancy! i totally know what u mean about EVERYTHING!! i hate that my kids throw all the clothes out of their drawer too. why do they do that? the worst part is that they throw the clothes from their dirty basket out too, so then i dont know which ones are clean or dirty then i have to do double the cleaning. errr!!! my goal is to find a way to get their clothes up high. we'll see how that goes....

    ReplyDelete