Friday was my official last day of training for Delta Ticket-Counter, and I can't tell you how excited this makes me feel. I actually loved training, our trainers were the bomb, and they bought us Cafe Rio one day, and then on Friday we got Starbucks (Double Chocolatey Chip is a must) and Chocolate Doughnuts. So obviously, diet was not part of my plan that morning. lol. We also bidded for our new shifts to start October 3rd and run for 6 months. If you don't know, when you work for Delta you bid a new shift every 6 months, and it goes by Seniority. So this bid, I was #97 of 98 Ready Reserves. lol. Talk about ONLY having 2 choices, then again it's better than having no choice at all (sorry #98). So I was just hoping that there would be a shift that Fehi and I could work with between our schedules.
So Friday morning, we reviewed a little bit in training for our test, then they basically gave us a 3 hour break to do our bids and get lunch in. I thought for sure that all the shifts at the gates would be taken, and I'd have a choice between the 430am or 6pm shift at the ticket counter. Surprisingly, by the time I came there were no ticket counter slots left, and only positions at the gate working at either 730am or 6pm. Originally, I wanted to work at 6-10pm but after discussing it with Fehi I opted for the 730am. The only problem was there were only 4 morning shifts left, and there were 5 people ahead of me. So I sat there just hoping there was one shift left for me. The first 3 people took morning shifts, so there was only one left with two people ahead of me. Luckily those two took pm shifts, and I got my morning shift I wanted. This will be something completely new, only because we were in training for "ticket counter", and I'll only get to practice that for about 2 weeks before we'll get trained for the gates. But all in all, I don't mind. I prayed that morning that whatever happens I would get a shift that would be good between Fehi and I, and that's exactly what happened. So I'm very grateful, I know the Lord was mindful of me in that moment.
After lunch I took my test in about 30-45 minutes, and then they let us go. So it was big relief once I got to go home because that was my last 8 hour shift (well, until gate training that is). So this weekend has been a nice, lazy, relaxing one for us. Yesterday morning we went with the kids to our jog/walk class. And then we went to Kiwi Bakery in Magna for their meat pies (which were DELICIOUS, especially since we got a couple fresh out of the oven) and we also got some cream puffs (which were delicious too). We spent a good hour or so with the kids at the park down the road from us, which we just deemed as our new favorite park. We've already planned that we should have a party there, they have a big pavilion, with the playground next to it, and nice sized field, a trail to walk around, and a fishing pond next to it. Not to mention, there was a little area where you can wash your dishes, it was seriously a really REALLY nice park, oh and they also had a gated area just for dogs. The kids had so much fun, and it was just nice to get out with the family, and spend some quality time.
Monday I'll start my RR shift from 12-4pm, and I'm sure that's gonna fly by for me, and then I'll be off for 3 days. I'm hoping that we'll be able to take a trip one of these days, places to visit on my list are:
1. Hawaii (of course, gotta go get some grindz!)
2. New York (I want to visit ground zero)
3. Indiana (Visit Fehi's mission)
4. Paris (Just to say I've been there.. and cause I can)
And that's about all I have on my list right now.. but trust, I will be making good use of these benefits! :)
Here's some updates about our family:
Baby Moe:
- He's really active, he likes to run and play A LOT!
- He loves to eat, but on his own schedule which is late at night, or just random periods of the day.
- He still talks his cute little toddler talk, but he knows exactly what he wants to say at each moment.
- His hair is STILL long, yes we still haven't cut it yet.
Princess Kesaia:
- She's a smart little girl, she understands what you say to her, and responds the correct way too.
- She loves her brother, and likes to mimic what he does, even the attitude too sometimes lol
- She loves to eat on her own schedule too, but isn't as picky as her brother.
- She likes to repeat her ABC's but her sequence is "A, B, O" and then stops. She likes to say "O" lol
Fehi & I are doing great also, everyday our love grows stronger, and everyday we're grateful for having our own house. We have such great team work, being able to work amongst our schedules so that one of us is always with our kids. We are excited that I get to be home more often and we can finish up little projects around the house, and also spend more mommy time with the kids and family.
We are indeed grateful for all we have. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment