That's exactly what I should be doing right now, digging my toes in the sand! Instead I'm sitting at home at 11pm at night getting prepared to sleep and wake up early in the morning to try the flight to Frisco. We tried the direct flight today and it SUCKED big time! There were only like literally probably 5 seats open. My good friend and her husband got on because they had S1 priority (for emergency travel) due to his brother passing away. We were super late in getting to the gate, as in, we sat down and 5 minutes later they said the flight checked in full. So that was pretty depressing, though I already knew the flight wasn't that good. They had mentioned that the flight to SEA was wide open, and there were 11 seats from SEA to HNL. Now that number didn't seem high enough to me to even attempt. My husband said we should try, and at first something (probably the spirit) kept saying to just go, but I doubted, and said it wasn't good enough to go just cause I didn't want to get stuck and from San Francisco for Thursday looked really good. So we didn't go to Seattle. Then I checked the flight again and everyone (which wasn't alot) got cleared, with 9 seats left! Ugh! Talk about I told you so! lol. I should've just listened to my husband and that prompting, but I didn't, and now I'll be in Hawaii (hopefully) 24 hours later than if we went to Seattle. Don't you hate that? lol. Me and standby aren't friends just yet cause it hasn't worked for me the way I want it to, but hey it's ok. So we are going on the 830am flight to San Francisco, and if we make that, we'll chill at the airport till 5:30pm when the flight to HNL departs.
I'm excited for a number of reasons, one being that it's homecoming. Talk about a good weekend to go back, or at least I think so. It'll be nice to go to a Kahuku Football game! I haven't been to one in years! Me and Fehi might check out the new remodeled Gateway restaurant they opened up at PCC, I actually may want to do something different, you know, make use of free babysitters while we go on a date. We'll still plan to stay till Monday night, but I told Fehi if there was only one seat then he can go cause he has to work, but I have 3 more days to get back. lol. He thinks I had this all planned out, but I didn't, I promise. I was just saying, ya know, just in case! lol. I'm excited though, so please flights don't fail me, I need to get back to Hawaii and see more brown than haole people! lol.
Wish us luck, and I'll keep ya posted! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment