Where do I even start?? There are some changes for our family and I like most of them, but I'm definitely dreading some of them that will eventually come. First of all, as you know my little sister has been here from Hawaii for a little over 3 weeks now. Since she's been here my mom told us that she wanted her to stay here and go to school here for a year, and she wondered if that was ok with us. I told her Yeah, that we don't mind but she had to talk to my little sister about it. After asking and confirming with her, I guess it's official and she'll be living with us and going to school here for her 5th grade year. So now my mom is in the process of making me a legal guardian and now I have to go find out what I need to do to enroll her into school here. I'm excited, and I hope she is too. She'll get to experience a lot out here, but I think she'll mostly be excited to see snow for the first time. ;) And now I'm reminded of all the winter clothes I'm going to have to buy her... awesome. lol.
Some other changes in our family is Fehi has put in his 2 weeks to go from full-time to PRN, where he'll only be working 1 or 2 days a week at the treatment center. I'm SUPER excited about this because that means he'll be home 5/6 nights a week (he's worked graves since before baby moe was born, so that's a lot of nights away from home!) and most of all he'll get to rest and not work so hard. For the past few months he's worked 2 jobs full-time and though he never complains, I just don't want my husband to tire himself out. So when he told me on Monday morning that he put in his 2 weeks to go to PRN I was happy. I'm mostly happy for him because the treatment center he works at has had some major changes as well, and it has affected a lot of people there. My husband has worked there for almost 4 years and a lot of people recognize his hard work, and how well he works with the kids, and they have even rewarded him with gift cards and recognitions for his work, but yet they don't want to give him a higher position. He's applied for the supervisor position 3 times just this year (and all 3 times he was urged by management to apply) and each time the position is given to someone who everyone knows is less qualified for the job. There have also been occasions where they've tried to get him to go for a different position by giving him for a far lesser pay (only a 50 cent raise from the $9.90 he makes now.. yeah their pay sucks). It's really just insulting when they do stuff like that to him, so it was time to just give it a break.
Now with him working less hours there, he can pick up more hours at Costco. Which brings up more changes. He's officially off his 90-day probation from Costco, and he has moved to part-time. Fehi loves working at Costco, and can really see himself growing with them. He's been talking to management about the possibility of moving up, and they all tell him that they really see him moving up fast, to even being a manager. The head-honcho of the Costco that Fehi works at pulled him aside one day and told him that he's heard nothing but great things about him, and he wants to try to make him full-time by the end of the year. Which is a really GREAT thing because there are people who have been waiting at least 5 years to go full-time. One of the managers even mentioned to Fehi about moving to the mid-west because that's where Costco is thriving, and he could possibly be a manager within two years. Which brings up the change that I'm dreading. This manager told Fehi that mid-west is where it's at and if he wants to move up fast he should try going there. So when my hubby approached me about the possibility of moving I just cried (mind you, he told me this just a few days after giving birth to our son). I would cry and get so upset that I wouldn't even talk to him. lol. Then after a day or so I was ok, and never talked about it again. But then he would bring it up again and I would cry and get upset at him again. lol. But after the 3rd or 4th time of bringing it up, I was finally ready to talk about it.
I know my husband wouldn't want to move for the heck of it, but rather he's thinking about our family and providing well for our family. I told him that if he decides to move to the mid-west, that it would just be him going. I don't want to loose my job at Delta, and I really don't want to move anywhere else so he would move and we would stay here. I know that if this does happen it'll be the hardest thing we'll have to go through because I don't like to be apart from my husband, and I know my husband doesn't want to be apart from our family. It's all still up in the air, and if it does happen it may not happen for a few more months or so, but I told him that we first and foremost definitely need to pray and fast about this, and then second I need to know where in the mid-west he thinks he'll go, and then from there we'll move on. I just hate the thought of our family being separated and my kids not get to see their daddy, especially Baby Hinckley not having his dad around for all his "firsts" and vice versa, but since all is not set in stone just yet, I'm not going to stress out too much over it.
These are basically the changes that are in the works right now for our family. Though some of them are exciting, and the thought of my husband being away from us isn't so exciting, I know that it's all for a greater purpose. I couldn't ask for a greater husband because I know everything he does is for us, his family. He's the best husband ever, and I love him to eternity and back!
No comments:
Post a Comment