Friday, July 13, 2012

Summer Fun!!!

So if you read my last blog post (about resting) yeah... well obviously I don't even listen to myself (hahaha) cause I'm still out and about.  I will say though that I did rest up on Tuesday, but on Wednesday we went out and had some family fun.  Because my love works 2 jobs and his schedule is hectic, we always try to do something as a family on his days off.  So on Wednesday we decided to take the kids out to go swimming.  It's been a little over 2 weeks since we last went swimming (before I gave birth to baby), so it was about that time to go again.  I had heard about this place called the "Herriman Beach", and so I thought we'd go and check it out.  It's (of course) a man-made "beach", well in reality it's a reservoir with sand. So we all got in our swim attire, packed up the kids, filled up the cooler with drinks and then headed over to the "beach."

Surprisingly this Herriman Beach (it's real name is Black Ridge Resevoir) is right up the road from where my uncle and aunt live. When we got there Fehi was surprised, I guess he's never seen a reservoir like this before.  We unpacked and got the kids down by the water, and sat there for 5 minutes then decided to leave lol.  I guess we all didn't like it as much as I thought we would, so we decided to go to none other than Seven Peaks! I just wish we changed our minds before we made the 30 minute drive up to this "beach"... oh well, you live and learn right? ;)

Seven Peaks was a blast (as always) and it was nice because it wasn't as packed as it usually is.  My son is getting a little too brave in the wave pool though.  I noticed that he would walk in more, and then the water would be up at his neck (he's a crazy little 3 year old lol), but you would think that when the waves started going he'd run away.. nope.. he was right up there jumping with every wave.  It didn't matter if he got water in his face, or up his nose, he would just wipe his face and go for more... hahaha.. It must be the island boy in him. ;)  I didn't do much swimming because I sat out with Baby Hinckley, but I still had a blast watching the kids.  We did walk around a little bit, and I didn't even know that they had a splash pad for the kids, and a snake river.  The snake river isn't as big as the one in Provo, but it's nice to know that they do have one. 

After swimming we basically all went home and knocked out.  I was feeling a little bit of the cramps again when we got home, and I have noticed that I'm still bleeding a little bit, so I keep telling myself to just RELAX but of course I NEVER listen.  Because what did I do the next day... go to Wheeler Farm! lol. (I'm laughing now, but it's not funny really... I'm relaxing for real this weekend!) Our friends invited us to go with them to feed the ducks at Wheeler Farm.  I've only been there once before for Fehi's work christmas party, but that was during the winter so it was nice to go back this summer.  The ducks were not no small ducks.. they were huge geese! We were all freaked out because as soon as we started throwing pieces of bread the whole swarm of geese started coming towards us. The kids however loved it and weren't even afraid of them.  

After feeding the ducks/geese we had a little picnic there. And after that we headed home.  It was a fun day for us, and I'm glad that we are finding these little activities for the kids to do this summer.  Here's some photo's from our time at Wheeler Farm:










Though I am having fun taking the kids out and going on little new adventures with them, I am going to force  myself to stay home this weekend.  I'll be finding more activities to do at home with the kids so that they aren't bored, but more importantly so I can recover properly.  Here's to trying to recover again. ;) Wish me luck (for real!)

1 comment:

  1. We loved Herriman beach last year, but this year when we took our kids we didn't have as much fun....I thought the water stunk, and that was a huge buzz kill! Your kids are so blessed to have such loving and dedicated parents :) Oh, btw, baby is so handsome!

    ReplyDelete