Well it's been a little over a week since the arrival of our Baby Boy Hinckley, and I'm loving every second with him! Now I know that its only been a week, but I can confidently say that he's such a good baby! Or maybe it's that he's #3 and I'm use to taking care of babies? Well whatever the reason may be I still say he's such a good baby... he sleeps well both throughout the day and night, which works well for me because I'm only breastfeeding him, so I'm usually feeding him every 2-3 hours during the day, and about the same at night or a little bit longer, other than that he's fast asleep. A big plus is that he hardly ever cries, the only time he does cry is basically when I'm changing his diaper (he doesn't like the wet wipes). Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself and he decides to change his good behaviors, but like I said, so far I'm loving every second of it!
When the kids first met him in the hospital they really didn't know what to think. They were excited to see a baby, but I had to show them that that was their little brother. I would show them that I didn't have a big tummy anymore, and that "mama's baby" was now here. Of course they quickly became attached to him, especially my little princess Kesaia. She wanted to hold him, hug him, kiss him, and all the above. She is actually quite the harasser, you have to be careful with having her in the same room with the baby. She will climb on the bed and then you'll find her trying to hold the baby in her lap. lol. At least I know she'll be a good babysitter in the future. :)
Here's a few pictures from our stay at the Hospital:
![]() |
| The kids first time meeting their baby brother |
| Moe holding his baby brother Hinckley, Aunty Ila (Left), and big sister Kesaia |
| Kesaia's turn to hold baby! And she was so excited too! |
![]() |
| "Pa"- Fehi's Dad: Baby Hinckley's Namesake (Maile) Baby's full name is Maile Hinckley Latu |
![]() |
| A tricycle diaper cake made by my friend-coworker Ena |
![]() |
| Kesaia thinking she's cool cause her dad told her it's her bike lol |
Baby and I were discharged from the hospital a week ago on Saturday (June 30th), and I have to say things have been going pretty well thanks to my husband and my little sister Ila. I was a little worried with how the transitioning would be with bringing baby home but all has been good. Luckily Costco let Fehi have time off (from last Thursday when I gave birth, and he returns to work today- Saturday, July 7th) so he's only been working his grave job, but it's been nice having him home during the day to help take care of the two older kids, while I take care of the baby and rest up. However, my time of "resting" was short-lived because I feel like I've been on the go since Monday. lol. I guess things never change right?
When we left the hospital last Saturday we had to make 2 trips because we all couldn't fit in our car (legally) so Fehi had to drop Ila and Moe off at home first, and then picked me, baby Hinckley and Kesaia up. We had talked about wanting to trade in our car, but thought that we would be okay for now and so we planned on just waiting to trade in later on. Well now that we had to make 2 trips from the hospital, and we realized that we really couldn't go anywhere together as a family, the reality of needing to get a bigger ride was hitting us.
So on Monday we decided to take our 2009 Toyota Camry and trade it in for a bigger ride. So as soon as Fehi got off from his grave job, we went with Baby Hinckley, leaving Ila with the two kids, and went off to the dealership. What was only suppose to take a couple hours turned into like 7 hours of looking at cars, numbers, and then filling out paperwork and then leaving behind our camry and driving away in our new Honda Pilot! I love love love our Pilot. Not only can we fit all 3 kids (with all 3 carseats), but Ila has an actual spot to sit and we still have room for 2 more people. My husband loves it too because though it's an SUV he doesn't feel like he's driving a big car.
After we got our Pilot we picked the kids and Ila up and went cruising! lol. It was so nice to fit all of us in the car, and still have room to spare! This is definitely something we plan on keeping... we're still deciding on how many more kids we decide to have, but at least (for now) we don't have to worry about how we're gonna fit in the car together.
- - - - -
- On Monday (7/2/12) he had his first check-up appointment with Dr. Vierra (our favorite Pediatrician at Hillcrest Pediatrics), he weighed in at 7 lbs 4 oz! Yayy for mommy's milk because when he got discharged from the hospital on Saturday he weighed 6 lbs 11 oz... so Dr. Vierra was very happy with his weight gain.
![]() |
| Taken at his appointment, waiting for Dr. Vierra to see him. |
- Billirubin (Jaundice) check showed that his billirubin levels were low, so nothing to worry about there. Because he's breastfed the Jaundice takes a little bit longer to go away, so he's still looking a little yellow in his face.
![]() |
| You can kind of see the yellow in his face in this Pic |
- He has LOTS of wet and dirty diapers. I've gone through 2 packs of newborn diapers since he's been here, and now I'm onto size 1 diapers because they seem to hold up better with all the peeing and pooping this little guy does.
- His siblings ADORE him, and he doesn't mind that they bother him 24-7! He's such a trooper! :)
![]() |
| Kesaia the harasser! lol |










Awww congrats on another beautiful blessing! He's adorable!! :)
ReplyDelete