Christmas has come and gone, and I'm a bit relieved. Usually christmas is my favorite time of the year, but for some reason this year was
alright. It's probably because we've been busily working, and going to school, but it just hasn't felt like I thought it would this year. However, it has been a good year, and we have had such wonderful blessings.
This year, I really really wanted to keep christmas about Christ, and not concentrate on the "material" things like most people do. To keep things simple, I'm just grateful and happy for my family, that we're alive, that we're breathing, that we're eternal. This weekend was actually really nice, and relaxing for us. On Christmas Eve we watched a few movies on netflix. I tried staying up to make sure the kids slept before I wrapped their presents, but they didn't sleep and it was already 2 a.m. so I just wrapped their presents in front of them. lol. My sister had sent some candy for them, so I wrapped each one up for them. We had also went to D.I. the day before, and I got them some clothes from there and a few new clothes (pajamas, shirts..) from walmart so I wrapped those also. We also got them coloring books with markers that only can be used on that paper, which is my favorite thing cause now I don't have to worry about Moe drawing all over our walls. LOL.
This year we didn't have much for the kids, actually we never have much, but I think it's totally fine. Sometimes I think parents get caught up in how much of the material things they get, that their kids (as well as them) lose the real meaning of christmas. So I was glad with what we had, and I was glad that we got to spend time as a family, and I hope that as my kids get older, we continue to show them that christmas is about the birth of Christ, and to have presents is a bonus. It's not about having lots of presents under the tree, that's not what defines a "good christmas." Here are pictures from our Christmas morning:
 |
The kids presents under the tree, looks like a lot, but we literally wrapped up each things in one box lol. We figured they didn't actually care about what was inside rather they wanted to "rip" the paper hahaha |
 |
Kids ready to open their first present. Before we opened presents we said a prayer as a family,
grateful for our family and the blessing we receive, those daily presents from Heavenly Father
are priceless :) |
 |
Firs present they opened was new pajamas!
Moe had Toy Story Pajamas, and Kesaia got Minnie Mouse ones. |
 |
| Daddy and the kids in their new pajamas :) |
 |
| Mommy's turn :) |
 |
| Now onto the next present.. |
 |
| Bubbles from Aunty Mele (Moe's favorite, he always plays bubbles with Mele) |
 |
| Kesaia with her candy from Aunty Mele |
 |
| Moe's new coloring set, yayy no more marking the walls anymore LOL |
 |
| Kesaia with her coloring book :) |
On Friday, we had a Ugly Christmas Sweater Party with a few of our friends at my house. It was so much fun, and I went to bed tired and full. lol. We had lots of yummy food, and we played games as well. At the end of the party we had our gift exchange, and it was hilarious. Whitney had a real white elephant gift (whereas the rest of us bought something under $5) and it was a head with nice pretty hair lol. Here are some pictures from our night.
 |
The first game we played was to dress someone up like Santa.. and as you can tell this group won The only material they had was tape, white tissue paper, a gold garland and a red plastic tablecloth |
 |
| Here's all 3 "santa's" lol |
 |
We also played the face the cookie game or whatever you call it where you have a cookie on your forehead and you only use your facial muscles to move the cookie down to your mouth trick with it though was the cookie was chocolate covered so if you took long you had a melted chocolate trail on your face lol |
 |
Did I mention all the yummy food?!?!? This is a sausage dip and it was DELICIOUS! (thanks whit!) |
 |
We also honey walnut shrimp, chowmein, lasagna, cheesy garlic bread, salad, rolls, and what's not pictured is rice, sweet 'n sour meatballs, shoyu chicken, and banana cream pie :) |
 |
| Mone loved his white elephant gift lol... He named it "Dave" |
 |
Hoku had a little thing that made all kinds of noises lol farts, claps, etc... hahaha |
 |
It was a spongebob shaving kit thing, and whitney showed me and told me maybe I should take it for my legs lol, I told them I hadn't shaved since like summertime so that's why she's laughing lol |
 |
| And then I braided Dave's hair and mustache lol |
It was so much fun with our friends, and we even did some karaoke-ing. We will definitely have another party next year, and hopefully have much more games and what not. Overall everything from the food to the gifts, but especially their presence was wonderful.
And that's how our Christmas weekend was spent. :)
P.S. All is going well so far with my pregnancy. I'm about 12 weeks along (3 months) and nausea has subsided (thank goodness). I'm in the "fat stage" so I'm feeling pretty hefty right now. LOL. I show really quick, or maybe it's that I can't suck it in anymore (lol) so I'm sporting a gut, not a pregnancy belly right now. lol. I still haven't found a new doctor, well midwife, so I haven't even had an ultrasound yet. I haven't quite made the FB announcement, maybe I'll do that when we find out what we're having... :)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete