With Christmas a few days away, I've been contemplating a lot about how I want my kids to be raised concerning the holidays and "presents". This year we'll be lucky to get a present or two under the tree for them because well like they say "times are hard" but I'm ok with that. I've also been thinking about these charities that give christmas presents to their kids "in need" but it bothers me to know that some people use and abuse these programs even at a time like this. I could see someone maybe considering our family to be "of need" for Christmas gifts but I don't, I'm just grateful that this christmas season my family is alive and well, and I don't and will not base the success of our Christmas on how much presents are under the tree. To have presents to open on Christmas day is a bonus but this Christmas season I want to focus more on the blessings we already receive and what heavenly father and our savior has given us. :)
Good news is that a few days after Christmas my family will be flying to Hawaii for new years :) I'm so excited to get out of this cold weather and most importantly eat! Lol. It'll be my first new years in Hawaii since 2007 so I can't wait for that either, a real firework show! :) It'll be a nice break, and we'll hopefully be there for a week.
And as far as any new news with our family... There's nothing much but the kids know about "mama's baby" and they'll rub and kiss my tummy too. It's cute for me, but not so cute when they say "daddy's baby" and rub daddy's tummy lol. I'm a few days away from the last week of my first trimester, and still haven't found a new doctor. I want a midwife this time, so hopefully I can find one and she's available soon! It's crazy to think how quickly this first trimester has passed, probably in a month and a half or two we'll find out what we're having.. Yayy! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment